Food Allergy
Options

just a friendly reminder...

please check the expiration date on your epipens!

We re-filled it yesterday (damn deductable!) because it expired september and we totally forgot about it.  I'm sure it would work fine still but better be safe than sorry.

Also, when you get your new one, check the expiration on it.. sometimes they give you ones that expire 6 months from now.. demand one that lasts 1 year. happened to us.

Re: just a friendly reminder...

• Options

This is a great reminder - on both counts.  I also received a soon-to-expire epipen once.  Now I know to check before paying! 

Also - did you know you can register your epipens on the epipen.com website and they'll email you when your pens are close to expiring?  I just found that out recently, too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

Good reminder!!!

I know--I HATE paying such a high price for those things.  It's sad.  BUT what I learned last time is that the dr called in 2 packs (which are 2 in each pack of course)--and I told the pharmacist I just needed the one pack of 2 pens--he said it was actually the same cost (one co-pay) to have 2 packs.  So something to look in to. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good thought about checking what they give you!  And C's DC keeps check for us too so I appreciate the extra reminder there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"