Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Biogaia

First off, how do you pronounce it? Secondly, how are you administering it to your LO? Do you just put the drops in their bottle? Also, how long was it before you saw and results and what symptoms did it resolve for your LO? Thanks!
imageimage

Re: Biogaia

• Options
    I put it on a baby spoon and drop it in her mouth. Took a couple days but worked well for constipation, upset tummy, colic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options

I pronounce it "bio-guy-uh" (I assume the Gaia part is pronounced like the goddess' name). No idea if this is "right" or not but it makes sense to me, since Gaia was the goddess of the earth and the bacteria is a "natural" thing... I don't know, maybe I'm overanalyzing :P

I put it in a dropper and put the drops directly into DS' mouth. Sometimes he eats 2 oz, sometimes 3, sometimes 4, so I can never be sure he's going to actually finish a bottle and I want to make sure he gets it all.

I started him on it mainly for colic-like symptoms, and as a general protective measure because he is on long-term antibiotics (takes amoxicillin daily, will switch to bactrim at 2 months and be on that until at least 1 year old) and I know antibiotics screw my intestinal flora up something awful. The colic-like symptoms are better, he's been on it about a week but showed improvement after 3 to 4 days. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"