Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

2 weeks old baby wont stop crying

my son is about two weeks old and wont stop crying. seems he has stomach grips and i am clueless on what to give him to ease the pain. he cries so much and refuses to drink  breast milk (which he used to love).

what can any one of you advice me regarding on how to cope with the crying and what to do to ease the pain in this little stomach :(

Re: 2 weeks old baby wont stop crying

• Options

that is simple enough have you tried gripe water and or telament colic drops works wonders for my 2 week old...

• Options
    Gas drops, hold upright after feeding for 20 minutes, burp him well, bicycle legs and belly massage. Push his knees up gently into his stomach to help him fart. It makes them feel better, and it's hilarious. GL!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I second the gripe water suggestion, it worked wonders when my son was tiny. Also laying his on his back & gently pushing his legs up is a great suggestion too. Make sure you're burping him often while feeding. Good luck.

• Options
    Everyone gave good advice to start with but if it doesn't help you may want to try cutting out dairy. My DS2 is the same way. I cut out dairy and it helped with the stomach issues however he still cries a lot it's just not the screaming in pain cry. Good luck, I honestly know all to well how hard this is. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Everything above posters have stated, and have you started eating anything in particular that is different?  There are a couple camps that say if you eat particular things, your lo may have issues with your breastmilk...so really examine what you've been eating. Try to eat blander foods, less caffeine, etc. 

Good luck...i know it's no fun. Stressed out because baby is stressed is horrible. 

• Options
    Gripe water!

• Options
    Baby massage his tummy area too. I have a baby with collic and one thing that works wonders is the vacuum.  As soon as I turn it on, no matter how hard he is crying he stops within 5 seconds.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"