December 2010 Moms
Options

There might be something wrong with me...

...but I find timeouts kind of funny. Not that he gets them, but how he reacts. Last night he got mad and dumped a whole bowl of popcorn on the floor all while staring at me. We go to time out and the minute he's sittin and told why he's there it's all tears...but the kid never moves! He sits wih his little back against the wall wailing, but never even moves a centimeter. When he's all done he won't move until you tell him it's ok. Not sure why I find that hilarious but I do.

Re: There might be something wrong with me...

• Options
    I find it funny too. As soon as j gets in timeout it's all big water works. Lately he tells me he has to potty as soon as we put him there because he knows it will get him out of the corner

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    I think it's funny and adorable!!! I also laugh at DS1- every time he screams " I gotta go potty" or "i'm so hungry" over and over.... that 3-4 minutes is just too much apparently!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I laugh at time-out all the time, of course, where C cannot see us.  He's so dramatic about it, but also never leaves the mat.  Win for the parents, right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am so jealous you can all get your kids to sit in place. The second I place Ava in time out, she starts thrashing, screaming, arching her back, etc. I literally have to hold her in place. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I laugh too. T will sit in one spot while he's crying, but then he stops and scoots on his but to try and find me. It's so hard to not laugh!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    good for you! Our kid doesn't get that you have to sit in one place for the time out so it only really works if it's in his crib or in his highchair. We need to fix that....

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageChicagoBroad26:
    I am so jealous you can all get your kids to sit in place. The second I place Ava in time out, she starts thrashing, screaming, arching her back, etc. I literally have to hold her in place. 

Totally this! If I don't hold him in place, an hour -hour and a half fetch run-away kid and put back in place battle ensues. I know it's not good, but I can't spend 1.5 hours doing time out every time! 

• Options
    imagedee12807:
    I laugh too. T will sit in one spot while he's crying, but then he stops and scoots on his but to try and find me. It's so hard to not laugh!

This is J too. It is so hard not to laugh.

• Options
    If you say "you're in time out go sit in your chair" he'll go and he'll laugh for a few but then when he is told he has to stay there til we say he can get up... EPIC TEARS!!  pouty lip, tears, puppy eyes  the works.  Then you say he can get up and he turns it off like a switch and goes back to playing.  He's such a drama king and I do laugh sometimes.  (With the pregnancy hormones lately; I see those tears and I just want to hold him and cry too lol)  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageken&kendra:

imageChicagoBroad26:

Totally this! If I don't hold him in place, an hour -hour and a half fetch run-away kid and put back in place battle ensues. I know it's not good, but I can't spend 1.5 hours doing time out every time! 

I hold Alexander too.  He usually either cries and thrashes or laughs in my face. Or tries to bite my hands that are holding him. Supernanny would be ashamed.

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • Options

That is cute & funny!

I now put DS in the corner facing the wall, but I have to stand right behind him to get him to stay. Then he looks up at me & says "sorry, mommy" repeatedly. Then I say, "thank you for being sorry, but you're still in time out!" repeatedly, lol. He thinks saying sorry will get him off the hook!

• Options

I kinda wish Griffin would cry in timeout.. at least then I would feel like he understands that it's not a good thing. He refuses to go sit there but when you put him there, he doesn't move - he just laughs and talks and yells, I NEED MY WATER!!! MOMMY I NEEED WATER!!

uggh. It's a complete joke.

• Options
    imagebosha711:

That is cute & funny!

I now put DS in the corner facing the wall, but I have to stand right behind him to get him to stay. Then he looks up at me & says "sorry, mommy" repeatedly. Then I say, "thank you for being sorry, but you're still in time out!" repeatedly, lol. He thinks saying sorry will get him off the hook!

Haha! Yes, Griffin does this too! Like sorry buddy, that doesn't cut it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"