VBAC

I had my VBAC!

On Sunday afternoon, my water broke, so I called the doctor who was on call for my OB.  She told me to go right to l&d, since I had been having contractions. I arrived at the hospital around 2.  The resident ob checked me to be sure it was amniotic fluid, which it was, and I was about 4 cm, and baby was engaged.  I was admitted to the hospital.  After a while, I was checked  again, and had no progress.

The ob decided to go ahead and start me on the lowest dose of pitocin.  Eventually, my contractions were coming about every 2-3 minutes and were getting quite strong.  I was checked again, and had absolutely no progress.  I had been on the drip for over 4 hours.  I was very discouraged at this point.  I did not know the doctor, I didn't know how much of a chance she was going to give me to try for the vbac, so I decided to get an epidural, which I really didn't want, but just in case she decided I had failure to progress, and I needed a csection, I didn't want a repeat of last time.   With dd, my spinal was improperly placed, I only went numb on my left half, and wound up needing general.

The anesthesiologist arrives, my luck, same one as last time! She gives me the epi, guess what, only my right side goes numb!  After she leaves, my nurse has me lie on my left side to see if that will help, but the baby became distressed.  By this point, I was shaking, having a lot of pressure and the contractions are much worse, so my nurse checks me again, I am almost 8 cm dilated.  It has been maybe 15 minutes!  She recommends not getting the epi fixed,she says it's not working will help with the pushing.

The doctor comes back in, during this time, she hears the word vbac, and gets kind of angry, saying no one told her. I personally wonder why she hasn't read my chart.  She then makes a remark about how bad the anesthesiologist is, which I find really discomforting.  With in a few minutes, I feel the urge to push.  I am fully dilated, he is at +2.  After my first push, he was crowning.  With in 10 minutes, Logan was born.  It was one of the most amazing, beautiful moments of my life!

Afterwards, while being sutured, my nurse ( who was amazing and so supportive) heard the doctor say she needed vicryl, for my tear, she had just finished stitching my episiotomy.  I am allergic to vicryl.  Again,doctor's response is, no one told me!  So she asked what happens when I have it, I explained I don't heal properly.  She then said I had it during my csection, because it is the best.  I told her that I had chromic.  She looked really angry at this point she said vicryl is better and stronger. I am pretty sure if she had known this information at first, she would not have let me Vbac! 

Re: I had my VBAC!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"