October 2011 Moms
Options

Puke Question

Hi ladies,

My inlaws pick DD up on Tuesdays. We were on our way to get her, DH was talking to my MIL, and heard DD cough twice. Right after that my MIL said, I've got to go. She just threw up.

When we picked her up, MIL said that she had been whiny and hadn't played much before the puke, but perked right up afterwards.

DD was a little whiny when we got there, but she kept rubbing her eyes and asking for milk. We loaded her up in the car, got about a mile away, and she coughed and thenshe puked again. When we got home, she was giggling and playing. We gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed.

She's teething with 3 teeth and has had a lot of cough/congestion. She's had no fever. She goes to daycare, so there's no telling what she's been exposed to.

I guess I was just wondering what you ladies thought. Isolated puking incident, puking related to post nasal drip, or if I should prep myself for a virus?

Re: Puke Question

• Options
    What did the puke look like?
  • Options
    imagecantalopes24:

The first one was her dinner, the second was liquid.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagestardust317:
    imagecantalopes24:

Was it phlegmy? I can usually tell post nasal drip from random puke or oncoming sickness by the consistency and how rancid it smells. For us the coughing followed by puke is usually post nasal related but its not a ton of puke and you can sometimes sees the drippy junk.
  • Options
    imagecantalopes24:
    imagestardust317:
    imagecantalopes24:

Was it phlegmy? I can usually tell post nasal drip from random puke or oncoming sickness by the consistency and how rancid it smells. For us the coughing followed by puke is usually post nasal related but its not a ton of puke and you can sometimes sees the drippy junk.

I didn't see the first one. The second wa bry liquid with some mucus, but I was with DD2. DH had DD1
  • Options

Unfortunately, E and I both have weak stomachs, so we've dealt with several puking spells. In our experience, tummy bugs have been self limiting. She barfs her brains out for a few hours and then all is well again. If your LO doesn't continue puking through the night, I wouldn't worry too much. If she wakes up puking, go get yourself some pedialyte and call the doc in the morning.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Layla has a cold right now and we've been avoiding milk, if she drinks milk then gets really active she gets coughing and always throws it up.  We've been sticking to mostly water, with one sippy of juice a day, we try to cut milk to maybe just breakfast & supper until this cold goes away, the milk causes her phlegm to get worse and makes her throw up.  one of the last too times was right down the back of my shoulder and down my back, then the next day it was all over her front right after i got her dressed, both times were milk+phlegm.  Ick.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelisajay09:
    I just know there is a gnarley stomach virus going on now. I would brace for that. Hopefully it not, but in my experience any time a kid pukes more than once, it's been a virus.

This is my fear!! She's sleeping peacefully right now.
  • Options

Last night, B puked up her dinner just after I put her down for bed.  She puked about 4 more times and then was done. 

I don't know if it was a bug, food-borne, or what.  But she slept through the night and bounced back today just fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"