December 2012 Moms
Options

Ugh...

Alexander is the love and light of my life, and he's pretty stinkin' cute to boot.

But he is being completely insufferable today. 

He has not slept more than 15 minutes ALL DAY because I can't put him down without him screaming his head off if he realizes. I have literally held this 12 lbs child all day long since about 10 AM. He's gone to sleep twice, and I've put him down, and 15 minutes later he's awake. I put him in his swing because I have to pee and I'm not even out of the room before he starts crying. Not to mention I feel like he's eating every hour to hour and a half, meanwhile I ate like two bites of my lunch and I won't get to eat dinner for another 3 hours because that's when DH will be home and HE can hold him for a while.

It's either a growth spurt or he's being a complete grump today, either way I hope it doesn't last long! I love you kid, but go to sleep for like an hour or something!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ugh...

• Options
    This is where learning to do things one handed comes in handy. DS is doing the same lately. I find myself doing things like eating, typing, and texting one handed. Also, yes it sounds like a growth spurt.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I feel you. It's a growth spurt. I'm experiencing it with my 6 week old baby.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel ya..we went through that yesterday..she's been a little better today (she will nap for about 30 mins if I lay her down right beside me on the couch, where she's touching me...still doesn't allow me time to accomplish anything I can't do from the couch, but at least it gives my arms a break)

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    Same here. I tried the baby bjorn and apparently she loves it. The screaming is really wearing.
  • Options
    Exact same thing here today. He wont nap unless I hold him,try and lay him down and within 5 minutes he is screaming. He will let daddy hold him unless he hears me or sees me then he starts screaming again. Baby is getting a bath soon,a massage with bedtime lotion,the escape proof swaddle and hopefully calms his tits long enough to sleep for a few hours, My arms hurt and I need a drink.Drinks

imageimage

• Options
    My daughter too!  Thank goodness my husband is home from work now!
  • Options

imageamberdb72:
    and hopefully calms his tits long enough to sleep for a few hoursDrinks

This is hilarious and totally made my day!  So funny.  I am having the SAME DAY.  Must be something in the water.  Here's to a restful night.  That's what we get for enduring today, right?  Seven hours of consecutive sleep?  Ha ha...sigh.  I love my baby! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That was my day yesterday! I finally put DS in the Solly Baby wrap, similar to a Moby, and he was out! It's definitely worth the investment! Not all babies like to be worn, but if they do, take advantage of it!
  • Options
    I put Mila in her carrier and we do things around the house. I clean and she sleeps. It's the only way I can get something done some nights without a fight.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I did have to put him in the Baby K'tan for a while last night to be able to cook dinner - he wasn't a big fan of that, either. :P But he screamed less shrill-ly being in the k'tan than he did being on his own in the PnP. He did sleep well last night, and isn't such a grump today. Yay!
  • Options
    Sounds like my day as well. DD is finally laying in her bouncy chair and sleeping. So far we are at about 15 minutes hopefully it will continue awhile longer so I can start folding all this laundry I have. I definitely am thinking growth spurt because she was like this a few weeks ago during one and then went right back to being her normal self.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"