August 2011 Moms
Options

My Kid is sleeping on the floor

Yep you read that right.  She decided to not go to sleep right away and got out of bed.  This happens every now and then.  She walks over to the door, cries a bit and knock on the door.  I leave her there till she falls asleep and in about an hour I will go pick her up and put her in bed. 

I have tried the whole putting her back in her bed thing but if I go in it works her up and then it's a hour and a half of her screaming.  So I figure it's easier to just leave her. 

Any suggestions on how to keep her in a toddler bed?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My Kid is sleeping on the floor

• Options
    No suggestions here, just wanted to chime in and tell you that my kids have slept on the floor before too - not because I don't provide them comfy beds or make nice nests for them on the couch, but because they just lay down on the floor and go to sleep, lol.  For DD1 it's usually because she put the couch cushions on the floor and colored or doodled until she fell asleep.  For DD2, it's usually because she resists sleep for as long as possible, and sometimes I wait too long letting her wear herself out and she'll toss her blanket and lovey down and go to sleep (this only ever happens in the daytime, though, she always sleeps in her crib at night).

// I love you too. //

• Options

No advice, but we'll be joining you in this struggle soon!  We have a twin mattress set up and ready to go in DD's room, just waiting to move out some of the furniture to make the room safer. 

If DD gets out of bed and sleeps on the floor, I'll probably just throw a blanket over here and leave her there.  LOL.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It works for you, I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds really cute.
  • Options
    No suggestion here either. DD1 did that for a while (maybe 2 weeks?) when we took her out of her crib. I'd go in to check on her and find her sleeping in the most random spots in her room. I guess she needed time to adjust to her new bed?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Buy a rug.  DS was sleeping on the floor almost every night. We'd move him to bed and he'd climb out and lay back down on the floor. We had a smaller area rug so lots of hardwood exposed and he always laid on the floor. We got a new, bigger rug and suddenly he sleeps in his bed. WTH!  

Sorry for the sarcasm and vent. It's been a long 2 weeks transitioning since he climbed out. 

In all honesty, I didn't follow my own rule... If they are sleeping, don't worry about it. They must be comfortable or they couldn't sleep. They'll figure out the bed is more comfortable eventually. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsSkull1107:

No suggestions here. I have no desire to transition DD out of her crib. I like her in there.

The only thing I got is putting the mattress on the floor and letting her get on and off that when she wants to.

But like I said, I'm not at all ready to have DD out of her crib. 

Hey if my kid is fine in her crib, I sure as heIl won't go and mess that up. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    imageMrsSkull1107:

No suggestions here. I have no desire to transition DD out of her crib. I like her in there.

The only thing I got is putting the mattress on the floor and letting her get on and off that when she wants to.

But like I said, I'm not at all ready to have DD out of her crib. 

Hey if my kid is fine in her crib, I sure as heIl won't go and mess that up. 

Branching off topic, here, but MMHa made me remember something.  I asked a cloth diaper question on the Cloth Diaper Channel Facebook page a while back and some lady was like, "Why are you even worried about fixing the diapers?  Just potty train her!"  And (in my head) I was like, HELL no.  I've BTDT with potty training and I can tell ya that this kiddo ain't ready.  I'd rather fix the diapers than mess with PT right now!

// I love you too. //

• Options
    I had no intention of just randomly moving her to a toddle bed but she was climbing out of her crib. So ir was a safety thing.
  • Options

imagetandb2010:
    I had no intention of just randomly moving her to a toddle bed but she was climbing out of her crib. So ir was a safety thing.

Hey I had to take DD1 out of her crib at 18 months because she would crib dive several times a night. I know all too well what you mean. I just meant if my kid is happy in her crib, then I won't transition her to another type of bed.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"