Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Swaddle Question

This may be a silly question, but, we have a swaddle me that DD loves and I was curious if it was okay to use that on her while she sleeps in her crib.  It has a velcro attachment that we use, so she can't unwrap herself.  Is it safe or should I just leave her with just a sleeper on?  

Re: Swaddle Question

• Options
    I have only used A and A blankets and true womb swaddlers, but I'm pretty sure swaddle me's are for the crib.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    It depends on who you ask and your comfort level.  Our pedi says it's the only way a small baby will sleep and it's fine so long as it's not loose.  So we did it for DD and currently for DS.  But my SIL who is a pedi says in her opinion nothing is safe but a fitted sheet in the crib.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS loves his SwaddleMe. We just transitioned to the crib and I don't hesitate to wrap him up in it. In fact, I am more comfortable using that than a swaddle blanket, as my blanket swaddling skills are pretty awful. I know he could kick a blanket wrapped around him loose, but that SwaddleMe isn't going anywhere.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been doing the Super Swaddle since last week and it's really made a difference in how Connor sleeps. The video is on Youtube if you just search super swaddle. It uses a receiving blanket and a larger blanket,I use a muslin blanket so it isn't too warm. It keeps his arms down but he is still able to move his hips and legs. He has had a few 6 hour stretches of sleep at night doing this. Before he was waking every 1-2 hours because he is a little escape artist. Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

• Options
    We put our daughter to sleep in her crib every night with her Swaddle Me on and she has yet to bust out of it (she has busted out of any blanket swaddle she has been put in- even the nurses in the hospital couldn't swaddle her tight enough with a blanket to keep her swaddled more than about 2 mins)...I think as long as you angle the top piece down so they can't cover their mouths with it, it should be fine. You have to stop using them once baby can roll over though, from what I understand (I don't look forward to that time, weening her probably won't go well)

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    imageamberdb72:
    I've been doing the Super Swaddle since last week and it's really made a difference in how Connor sleeps. The video is on Youtube if you just search super swaddle. It uses a receiving blanket and a larger blanket,I use a muslin blanket so it isn't too warm. It keeps his arms down but he is still able to move his hips and legs. He has had a few 6 hour stretches of sleep at night doing this. Before he was waking every 12 hours because he is a little escape artist. [:]

Oh my the super swaddle! Thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking for this for ages!
  • Options

We used the swaddleme with DS until he could roll over. He LOVED being swaddled. As pp said, just be sure the top part is tucked in or low enough that it can't cover LO's mouth/nose.

We have been using A+A swaddles with DD- she seems to prefer them over the swaddleme. GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"