Parenting after a Loss

Weekly toddler mom check-in (late, sorry)

Hi toddler moms. Sorry I'm a day late this week and that I sucked at responding last week. I'm completely swamped at work pretty much until I'm full term, so trying to sneak in a little bump time when I can b/c I need to check in with other moms somewhere in my life.

This check-in is for moms with a toddler(s) age 12-36 months.

What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment?

What challenges are you currently facing? Other toddler moms - this is the part where we can chime in and help one another with ideas/suggestions for working through challenges (behavior issues, etc.)

Did your toddler do/say anything particularly funny recently?

QOTW: This one is from luvmyducks. When do you plan to start potty training LO (or when did you start)?

BFP #1, 12/22/09 - DD#1 born 9/2010
BFP #2, 12/12/11, m/c 12/25/11
BFP #3, 3/09/12, CP 3/10/12
BFP #4, 7/22/12, DD#2 born 4/2013

Re: Weekly toddler mom check-in (late, sorry)

• What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment? She's huge into identifying colors this week. The first thing she tells you about anything lately is what color it is. She's actually really good at her colors.

What challenges are you currently facing? Other toddler moms - this is  the part where we can chime in and help one another with ideas/suggestions for working through challenges (behavior issues, etc.) We're still in a really good place right now, knock on wood!  I think the extra hour of sleep she is now getting at night since I adjusted my work hours is really helping with her crankiness and whining. She's been great since we started the new commute last week.

She's still wishing us a "Happy New Year!" every night when we put her to bed, lol.

QOTW: This one is from luvmyducks. When do you plan to start potty training LO (or when did you start)?

The daycare started putting her on the toilet when she moved to the 2s room (at 22 months) so we went with following their lead. We tried to go cold turkey into undies around Thanksgiving because she was doing so well, but it was an epic disaster. She's been doing even better so we may try again over the upcoming Feb. long weekend.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been kind of MIA lately, but I'd like to join in on this...

What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment? He has been counting from 1-5 over the last few days, kind of out of nowhere. It's really cute though - he LOVES the number 5 and likes to yell that one.

What challenges are you currently facing? Other toddler moms - this is the part where we can chime in and help one another with ideas/suggestions for working through challenges (behavior issues, etc.) I would say probably normal things for toddlers, but the one that REALLY gets me is the whining and basically crying over silly things. DS is just not a morning person at all and he whines non-stop in the mornings before we drop him off at daycare. You would think his world was ending. I can't think of any ideas to get him to calm down and stop doing that.

Did your toddler do/say anything particularly funny recently? This morning he told me "Bye baby!" It was pretty cute. I usually say that to him, so it was funny to hear it coming from him.

QOTW: This one is from luvmyducks. When do you plan to start potty training LO (or when did you start)? I just really don't know. I want it to be sooner rather than later, I thought about maybe summer since DH will be out of school, but I think that when DS moves to his new room at daycare next month they may start initiating it then. If that's the case, then we'll jump on board with that as well.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment?

I guess she is starting to say 2-word sentences (eg. "I done.") 

What challenges are you currently facing? Other toddler moms - this is the part where we can chime in and help one another with ideas/suggestions for working through challenges (behavior issues, etc.)

She's kinda being a homebody lately--she doesn't like to go many places and stay--like a friends house to play or a play area in the mall...I have to get out of the house or I'll go crazy, but she seems pretty content inside of it. 

She started saying Owl this past week and I loooove how she says it :)  Oww-wall!

We will probably start shortly after she turns 2.  This next LO is coming when she is 22m so we will give her a few months to get adjusted and then try to put more emphasis on it.  She's had a potty since she was 12m and went pee in it 4x so far (complete coincidence I'm sure) and we have started reading some potty training books, but otherwise we don't push it.  If she shows signs of readiness before them, we will try it. 

• *He's really into copying Daddy. He wants to do everything with him & go every where with him.

*We are doing pretty well with most things. I have no complaints. :)

*He's been calling me "hun". It's super cute.

*We bought him a potty chair last weekend. He'll sit on it, but hasn't peed nor pooped on it yet. When he had his diaper off, was sitting on the potty, he said all done & stood up. He shut the lid. I went to get a diaper & he peed on the lid & floor of the bathroom. I told him we pee IN the potty & he acted terrified of it.. ::sigh:: He's not ready yet & that's fine. He will sit on it again though. We'll keep taking it slow.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment?
    She is really into baby dolls. Nothing really new happening though, no progress towards walking/talking.

She is still the tantrum queen =/

Not really.

QOTW: When do you plan to start potty training LO (or when did you start)?
    My plan was to start at 18m but it will kind of depend on when she starts walking.
  • imagebig_noise:

What is your toddler really into right now/their new accomplishment?

hes putting together some three and four word sentences. It blows my mind someways what comes out his mouth. 

he is super mommy obsessed lately. He just wants me to hold him all.day.long. I love that he loves me and all but mommy needs a break. 

tonight he's been desparately trying to snap his fingers. 

We tried training a few months ago. He was doing great on pooping on the potty. Then he got sick and had diarrhea and now he ddoesn't want anything to do with the potty. Well try again when he's interested. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"