May 2012 Moms

Fav easy dinner

I'm interested what are your favorite easy meals?? I have a few go to meals but I'm looking for something new and fun.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: Fav easy dinner

• Ah! I JUST finished my meal planning for the next 2 weeks. Here ya go:

tonight: green bean casserole

wednesday: quinoa burgers

thursday: ham cups (with eggs, cheese and green onions. Baked) pancakes and fruit

friday: lime shrimp skewers and fresh green beans

saturday: chicken parm casserole

sunday: meatloaf and fresh corn

monday: crock pot pulled pork sandwiches

tuesday: steak fajitas

wednesday: szechuan green beans with ground pork

thursday: baked spaghetti

friday: free night - go out for dinner

saturday: t-bone steaks and hasselback potatoes

sunday: cheesy chicken and rice in the crock pot.

ETA: if anyone wants any of the recipes, Ill post them :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cheesy chicken and rice in crock pot! Recipe please :
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejoshandpanda:

Ah! I JUST finished my meal planning for the next 2 weeks. Here ya go:

Now I feel super unorganized! I don't even know what I'm having for dinner tonight let alone for the next two weeks. I'm envious!

Pull pork recipe, please.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Last night I made five spice sweet and sticky broccoli over a little bit of brown rice: https://www.lesauce.com/2010/05/sweet-and-sticky-five-spice-broccoli.html and served it with a little salmon. Took me 15 minutes start to finish. And it was delicious.

Another new super fast favorite is Kimchi Fried Rice. Apparently this is like bachelor/student food in Korea but it's healthy. I just make up two cups of brown rice ahead of time, keep it in the fridge, get a jar of kimchi from the farmers market, and you basically just fry it all in the pan and top it with an egg and some gojuchang. SO GOOD.  https://www.apricosa.com/2012/01/kimchi-fried-rice.html

And a go-to which you would not think is fast but it really is if you are on top of roasting the spaghetti squash, is Shrimp in Chipotle Cream sauce which I serve over the spaghetti squash. It gives me the happiness of a big bowl of creamy spicy noodles without the calories:  https://tasty-yummies.com/2011/04/08/camarones-en-crema-de-chipotle-shrimp-in-chipotle-cream-sauce/

• Shrimp in a butter lemon sauce.

Saute garlic in butter and olive oil, add shrimp. cook until almost done add lemon. I usually add wine as well if I want a little kick I add crushed red pepper. Simmer and reduce slightly. Pour over any pasta.

• I miss broccoli! It makes Lucas so gassy I don't eat it. I wish dh liked sea food the shrimp all sounds great.
  • imagebellelamb:
    Cheesy chicken and rice in crock pot! Recipe please :

1-2 pounds chicken (depending on how much you want) cubed

Zatarans yellow rice (cooked to instructions on box) 

1 can Cream of Chicken Soup

1 - 16 ox bag frozen corn

2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Throw all into crock, cook Low 2-4 hours

Easy Peasy -- chicken goes in raw, and I suggest 2-3 hours, otherwise the soup starts to burn onto side of crock...  

Edited: I lied... sorry... don't put cheese in at the beginning!  Add it after 2-4 hours, let melt, then serve.

• imageMrsH11710:

Pull pork recipe, please.

6 boneless center cut chops
    1/2 cup water
    Spices-I used a southwestern spice mix and fresh ground black pepper on the chops before putting them in the slow cooker 
    Sliced onions
    ~Half bottle BBQ sauce of choice 

Instructions:
    Pour water and some BBQ sauce into slow cooker, stir well. 
    Place one layer of chops inside slow cooker. Mine allowed for three across. 
    Put some sauce and onions on top of first layer, then add another layer of chops followed by more onions and sauce. I set mine to cook on low for 7 hours. 

At the end of the 7 hours, use a slotted spoon and transfer half of the cooked chops into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a flat beater. Mix on low until the pork is shredded to the level you want. Transfer shredded pork into another bowl and shred the remaining chops. 

The end result will need saucing. 
    This part actually works great because while the shredded pork does have flavor without adding sauce, this gives everyone at the table the option of adding the kind of sauce they prefer. 

*** I have not tried this yet***

*** this is copied from SouthWinstonLane.blogspot.com***

FYI: Using 6 pork chops will yield A LOT of pulled pork. If you have a small family or don't want leftovers, I'd do half. 

• Easy quick meals? Anything my husband makes. Heck, it's easy for me :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cheesy beef and broccoli rice and biscuits.

1 box cheesy broccoli rice-a-roni

1 pound ground beef (or turkey)

1 can grands flaky layers biscuits

recipe is on the back of rice-a-roni box

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"