Parenting after a Loss
Options

2 things.. (one Sammy/dog related). (2nd period related).

So when did you ladies get your cycle back?  I cannot for the life of me remember when it came back with my son but I feel like it was soon. Olivia is 3 months old this week. I'm still nursing. Almost exclusively. She gets one bottle of formula at her 7pm feeding. Other than that, I'm pumping and nursing. Will it take longer? I've had cramping that I thought was a sign but then it just goes away and nothing happens. 

Secondly, this is NBR but we finally made the decision on our dog Sam. He has an appointment tomorrow night at 6pm to put him down. I've been crying non stop today. It's absolutely horrible. My mom is coming over tonight to see him. I feel like if I think about it too much I'll change my mind. I just love him so much and I'm so sad. My worst fear is that he doesn't know how much I love him and that I'm really trying to do right by him. I'm so scared that he's going to think we don't care about him. Ugh.. here come the tears again. This is just awful.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 2 things.. (one Sammy/dog related). (2nd period related).

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I doubt you remember, but when we were on PGAL at the same time I had to make the decision to put our puppy down because he had parvo and we fought with him in the hospital for weeks before the vet recommended that there was nothing we could do and putting him down would be the best thing for him.  I still can't think about it... it's such an incredibly difficult decision to have to make.  Big hugs.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• Options

I'm so sorry about your Sam.

As for AF, with DD (EBF) my cycle returned after 7 months. With DS, nothing yet, though he often STTN so I'm expecting AF any day now. I've also had phantom cramps a few times but nothing came of it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got my period at 10 weeks pp while nursing/pumping. It seems to be back to my normal, because I got it again at 14 weeks pp.

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time with Sammy. Have you considered calling a rescue not shelter operation? I know there are many in my state and my home state that will take in ill animals and find someone able to assist with their special needs. It's an alternative that can give both the pet and owner a better quality of life. I'm just offering it as a suggestion that you may feel better about. You have to do what's right for you and Sammy.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Options

I'm EBF and I got my first cycle at 14 weeks, and then another at 5 months (I've lost track of weeks 22 or 23 I think)

Big hug for you and your doggy.  They are members of the family like any other and I know what an incredibly difficult decision it is to make.  I am sure he knows how much you love him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

Oh Niknak, I am so sorry. Sammy,no doubt, know how much you love him. They just know.

It is so hard, I swear I still hear Phoebe snorting around the house. I will be thinking of you guys, ((hugs))

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Very sorry to hear about your doggie. We just put down our 15 yr old cat who had kidney failure. Although she was doing a little better than she had been, I didn't want to see her suffer anymore than she was, so we made the decision to prevent her suffering, and to spare us having to watch her suffer. Although I know it was the right thing, I still second guess the decision we made and wonder if we should've waited a bit longer. I will probably always wonder. but I know it was right.
    Hugs for what you're going through. It really sucks. :

ETA: and to answer your question, my period returned around 4 mos PP, shortly after I started introducing solids. I still breastfed exclusively until she was 16 mos.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options

imagemork:
    I got my period at 10 weeks pp while nursing/pumping. It seems to be back to my normal, because I got it again at 14 weeks pp. I'm sorry you've had such a rough time with Sammy. Have you considered calling a rescue not shelter operation? I know there are many in my state and my home state that will take in ill animals and find someone able to assist with their special needs. It's an alternative that can give both the pet and owner a better quality of life. I'm just offering it as a suggestion that you may feel better about. You have to do what's right for you and Sammy.

This.  Same with my state.  It's definitely an option.

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options
    I've nothing to say regarding the period question. I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're going through this with Sam. Big hugs!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I stopped nursing 10 days PP (dried up), and my first PP came at seven (or was it eight?) weeks.  From what I understand, the nursing could make it take a while ~

And I'm sorry about Sammy!  We had to put our cat down about two weeks before DS was born, due to an intestinal blockage that got diagnosed to late.  I didn't think I'd be strong enough, but I stayed and comforted him until he was dead.  I think one of the saddest thoughts is to know that my DS and him never got to meet (and to stay positive: my cat curled up in his bassinet and blankets for days, just snuggling - and I pictured those two cuddling before everything happened).

I think the rescue shelter might be something too look into, though I don't know what options your state provides (or if they might not take him if he's that sick??).  But sounds like it could be promising ~ 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"