November 2012 Moms
Options

? for those who pump

Do you clean your pump parts after every use? I pump 6 to 8 times a day and washing my parts everytime is getting extremely annoying and time consuming. I think I have read somewhere that you can leave the parts in the fridge between uses? Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? for those who pump

• Options

imageMandJS:
    Nope. I don't even rinse between uses. I just wipe down with a burp cloth I keep in my diaper bag, stick in a ziplock, and put in my cooler/fridge. 

This. I wash before I go to bed.

• Options
    I definitely don't "wash" them every time. Sometimes I just rinse and put them on the bottle rack to dry. I do have the Medela breast pump wipes that I use when I pump at work so I don't have to go to a sink with them. I just make sure to give them a good wash once or twice a day.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I clean mine if I have time during the day but if I don't then I just put it in the fridge and change out the bottles once they are full. Otherwise I clean them first thing in the morning before I pump and also my last pump at night.
  • Options
    I rinse, but I also have a full room at my disposal (the upside of working in a hotel).  When I'm out visiting clients, I wipe down with the Medela sani cloths and keep them in my cooler.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Much like the PP I have three sets and wash after every use when at home, and sterilize too. I've only been back at work one day but I brought two sets for three pump sessions and used the Medela wipes after each session, putting everything in a ziplock in the fridge after.
  • Options
    Ehh, breastmilk can be left out for 8-10 hours at room temp so I just leave all my crap set up in one of the changing rooms in our department with a towel over them and wash once I get home at night.
    Mommy to Evelyn Clare born 6/23/07, Ryan Hansen born 12/10/09, and Charlotte Nicole born 11/1/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"