March 2013 Moms
Options

Jewelery in the hospital

We took our prepared childbirth class this weekend and the instructor said not to come to the hospital with any jewelery with risk to losing it. I know if you have a csection you have to take most things off. Does anyone know if you should leave stud earrings home as well? What have you done in the past, or plan to do for this pregnancy?

Re: Jewelery in the hospital

• Options
    I have never even thought about this but I also don't wear much jewelry on a daily basis. I never take my wedding rings off so I know that I had both rings on for both of my deliveries and I maybe had earrings? I wouldn't be too concerned unless you have a lot of expensive jewelry you wear on a regular basis- I've never heard of anyone I know having to remove jewelry when they had a baby (c-section or vaginal delivery).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I will probably leave my wedding ring at home.  I don't want to get into a situation where I need IV fluids for some reason and then my fingers swell and I risk having my ring cut off.  Everything else, meh.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok thanks, yea not a lot of jewelery, just my wedding rings (nothing extravagant) and stud earrings that I think I have had in for more then 10 yrs.
  • Options
    the only jewelry i wear on a regular basis is my wedding and engagement ring, but my preadmission paperwork said to come to the hospital without any.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I had stud earrings on and I think that's it. I don't wear much jewelry except my rings, and those get taken off at night/when I get home from work, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been wearing them.
  • Options
    I wore my rings in and ended up having DH take them home. I can't stand sleeping with them on usually.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My stud earings are fake so I'll be wearing them. I'm leaving my wedding band and ring at home though, however I haven't been wearing it anyway due to the possibility of sudden swelling.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hmm, I honestly don't remember if I took my earrings out for my section.  I don't remember putting them back in and usually I leave them in 24/7.  

I will not bring my wedding rings this time.  Last time I didn't think I would give birth that day and was still wearing them normally, so they came along.

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imagesucrets4:

Hmm, I honestly don't remember if I took my earrings out for my section.  I don't remember putting them back in and usually I leave them in 24/7.  

I will not bring my wedding rings this time.  Last time I didn't think I would give birth that day and was still wearing them normally, so they came along.

I know what you mean!  I was in denial I was in labor until I was holding her. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"