Third-Party Reproduction
Options

intro (ticker/siggy)

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to pop in with a quick intro and a few questions.  I haven't been lurking, so please forgive me if I say/ask anything inappropriate. 

I'm THRILLED that they added this board, I've bounced around a bit over the last year and a half trying to find a board that fit my situation, and I just haven't found it. A friend from my BMB noticed they added this board and mentioned it to me.

A little about me- a have a healthy and awesome 18 month old son. He was born via c-section after a full labor with lots of unsucessful pushing.  Its a very long story from there, but things went bad.  I was as close to dying as you can possibly get.  To save my life they removed my uterus, one ovary and cervix.

So after getting past the trauma of his birth I'm now facing where we go next with our family planning.

That's where you ladies come in.  I'm hoping to learn about my option- a gestational carrier.

Obviously there is much more to my story and the journey that brought me here, and i'll put it "out there" as I get to know you all and you get to know me. I tried to keep this as brief as possible, but I hope it doesnt come off as cold.

My first questions-  am I in the right place?  how do you guys feel about siggies and tickers here?

Thanks for reading this far!  Hopefully I'm in the right place and I can get to know everyone. :)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: intro (ticker/siggy)

• Options

Wow, first, what a story - how traumatic for you, but so glad you are ok and DS is healthy! Congrats on considering a GC - a great option and fortunately there are many altruistic women out there who offer this! I'm not in charge, but I'd say you are in the right place though the board does seem pretty heavy with DE and/or DS women, I think we are all open to every aspect of 3rd party repro! (A GC posted right after you did, so they are here!).

As for siggies and tickers, this is not an IF board per se, and there are a lot of grads, so my 2 cents is that any/all are fine since many of us are pregnant or already have kids....

Others...any other thoughts on that?

Welcome!!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options

You are in the right place!

First off, what a tragic birth story for you. I'm glad your son is ok but that is a tough experience. A GC is a great option although extremely costly one. I'm not sure how many active ladies we have using a GC. I know of one off the top of my head but she probably isn't that active over here. She was fortunate to have a friend offer to be her GC.

Many of the ladies here have tickers so I don't think you need to worry about that.

Welcome :-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Wow!  What a scary story.   You are in the right place.  When you start trying again you may want to also check out the Infertility board - since I'm assuming you are planning to do IVF to use your eggs and your husbands sperm.   That is the main difference with a GC vs. a surrogate - with a GC you use your own embryos and the surrogate uses her own eggs.  

GL!

TTC #1 since 6/09
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    3 IUIs, 4 IVFs = BFFN
      3rd RE: IVF #5/FET = BFP
    14dp5dt=1170 16dp5dt=2573

1st u/s=
    TWINS!
    It's a Boy and a Girl!

Born at 34w3d! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board