Infertility
Options

OMG...ganirelix

Holy Moly... the Ganirelix needle is sooo dull.  I decided after unsuccessfully trying to stick myself with the needle to transfer the meds to another syringe with a sharper needle.  On top of having the dullest needle of all time, the meds burn/hurt.  Anyone else experience this???  What did you all do?

All Welcome

Me: 29 DH: 30

IF DX Endo Stage III/IV SA: PERFECT!

7/16/2011 Married handsome hubby!
9/2012 Lap/Hystercopy DX w/ Stage III endo
Bilaterial Uterine Suspension/D&C/HSG
HCG/D&D on R/L ovaries/chromaltubation/Uterine Polyp
10/2012 RE consult. DX move straight to IVF
IVF #1 11/27/2012
IVF #1 Cancelled for Low Response and Converted to IUI #1 --- BFN

IVF #1.2 BCP 12/29 Stims 1/21 w/ New Protocol - Antongonist (225 Menopur, 150 Follistim, & Ganirelix)
ER 2/2/13 11R,9M,8F -- ET 2/7/13 2 Beautiful Perfect Blasts/5 made it Freeze! -- 2/12/12 +HPT -- 2/14/13 Beta #1 71 -- 2/18/2013 Beta #2 521 YAY! Let this be our take home baby!

4/21/13 Massive Hemorrhage from unDX placenta previa.  Bed Rest for 7 months.

10/17/13 Gave Birth to our 8lb 2oz baby boy! 

8/30/15 Started Meds for FET schedule on 10/13/15

10/13/15 TX two great blasts.  Beta scheduled for 10/22/15

Re: OMG...ganirelix

• Options
    I combined mine with my menapur and follistim.  One shot for all. They all burned a bit so I don't know that ganirelix made a difference. I had a little ice pack ready. I think it helped. Some people have mentioned that they were told not to use ice though. Best of luck to you.
    TTC since 5/11 both uf us are >35
    Clomid 4cycles pregnancy ended in MC 6/12
    IUI #1,2, 3 and 4 ALL BFN.
    Moved on to IVF in Jan. 2013 Beta #1 288, Beta #2 529 Heartbeat on 2/8! Miscarriage at 15 weeks. 4 months to be complete. Every test known to science. No known reason for MC. FET Oct 2013 BFP on 11/2. Beta# 1 910. Successful pregnancy! {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    It's the Menopur. It's the devil and burns like hell! I always iced for a few minutes before and found relief from a warm heating pad for a few minutes after. I would also close my eyes, hold my breath and squeeze the chair while DH did the deed. GL! :)

*****Siggy/Ticker Warning*****

Me (34)- no issues found MH (36)- MFI due to Vericocele. Straight to IVF w/ICSI 9/12, Antagonist. 9R, 7M, 5F = BFN c/p,  New RE for IVF #2- 1/13., Long Lupron. ER on 1/22 -10R, 9M, 9F. Transfer on hold due to overstimming. FET in Feb. 2 frozen blasts. Another BFN & another c/p. RPL testing all negative besides MTHFR gene, vericocle repair surgery 4/12/13-Bilateral Grade 3 Vericocele found & fixed, IVF #3 with PGS  4/13- 11R, 9M, 9F. Transferred 2 normal=BFN, 3 normal on ice. CCRM-here we come! ODWU-All test results normal. EPP in August. 21R, 20M, 19F. 12 blasts biopsied & frozen for CCS testing. Results showed 11 normal! FET Oct. 30. 2 5d 4AA blasts transferred. First ever BFP!!! Beta 1=216, Beta 2=870 1st U/S=It's TWINS!!! It's a BOY and a GIRL!! Everyone Welcome!!! 
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did the same thing with using another syringe and needle. I inject slow but it seems like my burn and welt come after the shot is over.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    Worst needle ever.  I had to stab myself hard just to watch my skin slowly give for it...  OUCH!!!!  And it burns too!  Good luck!!
     36 DH 33 TTC for over 3 years
    First mini-IVF Sept 2011... Only 1 egg! ... BFN
    Switching RE
    IVF#2 May 2012 9 eggs and only 2 sperm, WTH!
    BFN
    IVF #3 March 2013~Tesa with back-up Donor Sperm,Tesa, unsuccessful used DS~ Chemical :(   

Switching RE's within practice

2 frosties waiting for us, November 2013!!!!!   Transferred 2 "average" blasts 11/20/2013
    BFP!!!!!!!  Boy/Girl Twins!!!!!! Due 08/08/2014

My Blog

*~God gives his hardest battles to his toughest solders. Unknown.
  • Options
    I was warned it stings, but I had an allergic reaction, so they switched me to Cetrotide. I got a softball size red mark and it was on fire.
    ~ Everyone Welcome ~
    TTC: 05/2011 Me: 32, All Clear DH: 38 Dx: MFI Low Testosterone & 1% Morphology
    IVF #1 w/ICSI & IMSI, 12/03/12: ER: 27R, 20M, 15F
    4 blasts frozen (3BA 4BA 4BB 5BB) b/c of moderate OHSS
    FET #1: 02/08/13 Transferred 3BA & 4BA | HPT 5dp5dt BFP!

10dp5dt Beta #1 - 810 | 12dp5dt Beta #2 - 1843 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    This is the needle that left me laying on my kitchen floor...where it was nice and cool and heavenly. Lol!!!

I couldn't get it to break my skin the first couple of tries and then thought about it too much thus the light headedness began. DH freaked out when he saw me on the floor and then laaaaughed. It is funny now, wasn't then.

Me- 32, DH- 32- TTC for 4 Years
    IUIs 1-6 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP- M/C
    FET- Beta#1: 69, #2: 482, #3: 1088, #4: 28,318, Ultrasound- 1 beautiful heartbeat
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh yeah, Ganirelix is the worst!!!  I was on it for my July cycle only that was enough for me!! The meds weren't a problem with burning it was the dull needle that I didnt like. I just tried to get a little ooomph behind the injection that helped a little. My RE told me not to mix meds so I had to take that one as it came. Looking at the Follistim needles, you'd think the manufacturers would all get together and make their needles like that!!! 
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    Yes! My husband said it kind of bounced off my skin the first time he tried to inject it. He just did it fast so it would pierce my skin. And yes, that one hurt!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I honestly think it would be easier to inject myself with a spoon than that dull-a$$ needle! The first time, I went to put it in like any other injection, but it wouldn't pierce the skin. Then I basically punched myself with the needle so that it would go in quickly(ish) and not feel like I was trying to dig my way out of prison.

I have no advice about the burning. I just suffered through. I found it kind of peaked about a half hour after the shot? Does that happen to everyone else too?

image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    imagetptbabe:

I honestly think it would be easier to inject myself with a spoon than that dull-a$$ needle! The first time, I went to put it in like any other injection, but it wouldn't pierce the skin. Then I basically punched myself with the needle so that it would go in quickly(ish) and not feel like I was trying to dig my way out of prison.

I have no advice about the burning. I just suffered through. I found it kind of peaked about a half hour after the shot? Does that happen to everyone else too?

This made me LOL. I had the same experience. It burned and was the dullest needle ever. Even when I got some umph behind it the needle still bounced off me. It burned when I injected it and continued to peak for about 20-30 minutes then declined. It sucks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"