Two Under 2
Options

Tips on having LO #1 like LO#2?

I know my title is weird, not sure how to phrase it...

I have a 21 month old and will have baby #2 in less than 4 weeks.

#1 dislikes when I hold other peoples babies - she forces herself on my lap and tells me "no" and points to the ground and tells me to put "baby down".

This weekend she had a TOTAL meltdown when I was holding a 12 week old. Cried hysterical, yelling "mama....no" over and over again. She tried to push baby out of my arms into her dad's! At one point she stopped crying and kissed the baby. After that I did pass the baby over bc she was trying so hard.

I have NO experience with this soon to be integration...any tips? PLEASE. Both are girls.  

Re: Tips on having LO #1 like LO#2?

• Options

Talk to her about it. buy her a doll and show her how to take care of a baby.

buy a book about being a big sister. We got "I'm a big brother now" by joanna cole for my DS and it was a pretty simple to understand book--I'm sure they have a girl version. We read it to him all the time.

FWIW, a few weeks prior to having #2 I held a friend's new baby and my DS was pissed. He did fine with the transition to his sister though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would just try to include her as much as possible.  Let her "hold" the baby (with supervision, of course) and maybe get her a doll to practice with.  She is going to be jealous and you will need to give her lots of attention.  Even if she just hands you a wipe or a burp cloth, praise her and make her feel like she is a big girl for helping out with the baby.
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"