March 2012 Moms
Options

so sad..

just saw on our local news a 4 month old died at a daycare today near here.. apparently they were asleep in the nap room and when the carer went to check on them all, baby was dead.  I can't imagine how devastating that would be to have it happen anywhere but specially when they were in someone elses care.  

So sad :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so sad..

• Options
    How awful! I'd hate to be the caregiver. I'd never forgive myself.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh my god! Ugh, stories like this used to make me feel sad before DD, but now they make me feel absolutely sick.... It's unbearable. The poor parents.... their grief must be unspeakable. And the caregiver! How totally awful :( 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:
    Like joyfully said, now that I'm a parent, hearing stuff like this makes me feel sick to my stomach.DH has an acquaintance who lost one of his 6wk old twins to SIDS last week. I was a mess, and we barely know the guy.

Both of them!?!?!
  • Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    imagemrscjmb9410:
    Like joyfully said, now that I'm a parent, hearing stuff like this makes me feel sick to my stomach.DH has an acquaintance who lost one of his 6wk old twins to SIDS last week. I was a mess, and we barely know the guy.

Both of them!?!?!

Just one. They have two older children and B/G twins. The boy twin died of SIDS. It's such a tragedy, really. 

Sorry, I really should wait til after coffee to post!
  • Options
    Horrible I can't even imagine!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    imagephancykat:
    I don't know if y'all remember, but that happened to a mom while we were pregnant, SockmonkeySam. Her 6mo, Zachary died at daycare. She's now 35w pg with twins.

Oh no! I don't think any of us knew bc we're not on FB. Thanks for the update. I'll be thinking of her.
  • Options
    It's been a pretty crappy week  round here... this baby was only one of the sad stories. 

3 kids died in a car accident when the car stalled and someone plowed into the car.. the mom was driving and dad got out to warn other drivers and  then a F150 plowed into the back of the car.... 2 of the teen girls died at the scene a 6 year old boy was taken off life support later that night and only the 10 year old daughter and parents survived. 

Then a 6 year old was killed in a hit and run, the driver hit the little boy on a crosswalk while him and his mom who was pushing a stroller were crossing.. she turned herself in 5 days later ..

... and last night a 5 year old was shot in the stomach.. looks like it was an accident but haven't heard anything else on that one.

Makes me so glad my lil guy is happy healthy and very noisey I can't imagine him not being around anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"