September 2013 Moms
Options

Low hcg level at 14 dpo

I just found out today that my hcg level was only 33 at 14dpo. After two miscarriages last year, I am stuggling to remain optimistic. In what feels like a cruel turn of events, I found out last night that my brother and his wife are expecting their second child around the same time I would have been expecting mine (but lost at 16 weeks). Well, I guess that is besides the point. I go in for a second blood test tomorrow to see if the level is going up as it should. Anyone else have low hcg levels early on, but go on to have a healthy pregnancy? I could use a dose of hope.

Re: Low hcg level at 14 dpo

• Options

I'm sorry. I'm praying that conception is just off a couple days and that all goes well. I have faith! If it make you feel any better the docs thought I would m/c this one cuz my Hcg levels wouldn't double. Now, we're measuring consistently where we need to be and that little heart was just pounding away! T&Ps are with you dear. 

Did they check your progesterone levels? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so sorry you have to go through this. TP beig sent your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

33 at 14 DPO is not low IMO! You could be as low as 18 at 5 weeks according to this chart and still be normal. 

3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/mlI understand how you are feeling. I have had two losses myself and it's hard to remain excited and optimistic. I am very sorry for your losses and truly hope this is your sticky baby. Fingers crossed that your levels double appropriately!

ETA: Think of it this way. Your hcg levels are starting at 0 and they have to start somewhere. A lot of women don't even get a positive pregnancy test (on something really sensitive) until 14 dpo. Stay positive! Big hugs you are going through this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Try not to worry. One number doesn't mean much. We need to wait and see if it doubles or triples. When was this drawn?

I had a urine preg test done at a doctor's office the day of my missed period and it was negative. Two days later, urine test is positive and four days from missed period, b-hcg was 226. It may just be a little too early.

A friend has an hcg of 86 one week after a missed period and she's doing well. She heard the heart beat at 6weeks 3 days! All anecdotal but I hope it helps...

Me 33. DH 32. TTC Since 6/2011. 12/2012-m/c, CP. DH: MFI. CCT/HSG/day 3 blood work-all nl. IVF#1 ER- 8/7/12, ET- 8/10. beta 8/25 neg, I did not respond as expected. AMH: 0.88. IVF#2 BCP-10/19. Micro flare Lupron-Nov: It's a bust. IVF#3 Planned for Feb '13 with a long lupron protocol ON OUR OWN!!! BFP- 1/12/13. Yay! EDD 9/18, now EDD 9/25
  • Options
    I'm adding my good vibes to this.  I really hope things work out for you.  Please let us know what happens.
  • Options
    I have seen the most crazy betas turn out ! It truly isn't about the number. It's wether or not your number doubles that counts! Once you reach 51/2 to 6 weeks it might take 3 days to double.

I'm so sorry you are in beta hell, I have been there before, but don't lose hope. You are very much still in the game!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lost Lilah (Audra's twin) at 26 weeks. Cause unknown. Forever in our hearts
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy I started out low...I was under 20 at about 14 dpo and went on to have a very healthy dd!! Good luck : sending good thoughts your way!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone, for the kind words and positive thoughts. I've never posted anything before, but it is so helpful to feel not so alone. Results should come back tomorrow, so I'll update when I hear anything.
  • Options
    Hcg was at 190 yesterday and progesterone at 17.1, so doc is giving me the go-ahead for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. In the clear so far  . . .
  • Options
    That's great!  You're increasing right now so it's good news for you.  I'll continue sending good vibes since they seem to be working.
  • Options
    imagelawjess:
    Hcg was at 190 yesterday and progesterone at 17.1, so doc is giving me the go-ahead for an ultrasound in a couple of weeks. In the clear so far  . . .
    Yay!
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"