March 2012 Moms

infant carrier?

Anyone LO's still in the infant carrier?  DS still is. He's 16lbs 10oz and 28inches.

We have the convertible car seat already, so I am just wondering if I should put him in that, rear facing. I feel like he's getting to long for the infant carrier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage

Re: infant carrier?

• DS has been in the convertible car seat for months now. Especially with a winter jacket he would never fit in the little one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My LO is still in the infant carrier as well. He is 19lbs (not sure how long but he's on the long side). My carrier max weight is 30lbs. So we still have a while before we start using the convertible car seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS is still in his.  Ours has a limit of 30 lbs or 30 inches - DS is about 20-21 pounds and 28 inches so we'll be moving up to a convertible soon.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • DS still is, he's getting long for it so we'll have to switch soon I think.
  • DD still is. She was only 14.5 lbs and 25.75 in at her 9mo appt. a month ago.

We really can't afford a new seat right now unless we absolutely had to and I like having the seat inside where it is warm. It is very cold here in the winter (warm today at 35!) so nice that the seat is warm for her.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• imagecountrygrl5533:

DD still is. She was only 14.5 lbs and 25.75 in at her 9mo appt. a month ago.

We really can't afford a new seat right now unless we absolutely had to and I like having the seat inside where it is warm. It is very cold here in the winter (warm today at 35!) so nice that the seat is warm for her.

I was thinking about the weather too because it's pretty cold here as well. Well it's randomly 60degrees today, which is unheard of for January in Chicago, but last week we were in -14.  I think I might keep him until he completely grows out of it. The max on ours is 30inch, and he's 28in. now so maybe I won't need to change the seat until it's warmer out. Was just curious to see what other moms were doing with borderline height and weight max on the infant carrier...thanks everyone!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • My DS is 10.5mo, 22lbs and 30in. He is still in the infant carrier carseat! I have the Graco Snugride35 and I plan on using it until we reach the height limit 32in, which will be soon! Hopefully winter will be done by then because I can just inagine how much of a pain it will be not being able to just take the whole seat and snap it to my stroller :s
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"