Potty Training

Poop help plz!

I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 5month old. And Ive been trying to potty train my oldest since I had my second. Of course starting it was very difficult, but now he is doing a lot better. However, I cant seem to get him to go "poo poo" on the potty. Every time he goes potty he only goes pee and refuses to poop. When he does poop its only in his pull up.

Does anyone have any advice? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poop help plz!

• Pooping is a lot harder for a kid generally than going pee, we are having this same problem with my 2 year old. From working with tons of toddlers in a daycare, I have learned that they can sometimes feel afraid because it feels like they are "losing" a part of themselves, more or less. With my 2 year old, we are not doing pull-ups for the simple fact that it feels a lot like a diaper, so she wouldn't mind pooping in it. But when she is in her big girl panties and jeans, it's REALLY uncomfortable, and it makes her sad to make her Dora panties so dirty, so she is really trying hard to let us know when she has to poop. It usually takes an hour or more of sitting on the toilet to actually poop on it, but she is getting better. Maybe try switching to big boy underwear and he can feel how yucky it feels? Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • I have tried to use big boy underwear with him, but he is really small and the underwear falls off. lol But I did get him to tell me why he wont poop on the potty and he said he was scared. I tried to tell him that it was okay and thats where his poop is suppose to go. But I dont think it did any good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAngieB90:
    I have tried to use big boy underwear with him, but he is really small and the underwear falls off. lol But I did get him to tell me why he wont poop on the potty and he said he was scared. I tried to tell him that it was okay and thats where his poop is suppose to go. But I dont think it did any good.

Lurking: but DD is very petite and we had issues finding panties for her. We found fruit of the loom in girls run Very small compared to other brands and have stocked up. Maybe they would work for you too. I agree with pp you need to get him out of pull ups. When he does poop put the poop in the potty and flush it so he sees that's where it goes, sometimes that can help too. And as a last resort I have found making kids clean their own mess up gets them going on the potty much faster. Sounds gross and messy which it can be but they begin to realize they don't like it either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"