Baby Showers

Throwing a shower for a friend...

Hey guys. So I'm in charge of throwing my friend a shower in about two months. Just curious what the best way to word the invites will be. I want to make it clear that gift cards are the only acceptable thing to bring as a gift.

Tips?

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)

Re: Throwing a shower for a friend...

• Sorry but there really is no polite way to say this. 

If she lives out of town, she could always take back her gifts to the store, get credit, then repurchase the same gifts later.

She could also bring another suitcase to use for gifts or you might help pay for shipping the gifts.

However, most guests will probably know she would be coming in from out of town and won't get anything big. 

• Aww man I've been punked haven't I ?
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEstwd2:
    Bahahaha! Is this a dare from another board or something?
    This is what I"m wondering.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageEstwd2:
    Bahahaha! Is this a dare from another board or something?

This!  Just in case it's not, don't under any circumstances tell the guests what type of gifts to bring.  If someone asks you directly, you can mention that you think the parents would like gift cards.  Also, if the parents keep their registry very modest with only a few items, people may be more inclined to bring a gift card.  There is no good way to tell people how to spend their money, though. 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BallSox writes the best, most catchy poems ever. Maybe if she has some time she can help you draft one for the invite. 

• imagestw_77:

Sorry but there really is no polite way to say this. 

If she lives out of town, she could always take back her gifts to the store, get credit, then repurchase the same gifts later.

She could also bring another suitcase to use for gifts or you might help pay for shipping the gifts.

However, most guests will probably know she would be coming in from out of town and won't get anything big. 

She's not coming from out of town. Her parents are already buying her everything for the newborn stage, and she wants to be able to hold on to the cards for later so that she can take care of what the baby will need later.

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • imagePunkyBooster:

BallSox writes the best, most catchy poems ever. Maybe if she has some time she can help you draft one for the invite. 

That would be awesome, because I'm really at a loss.

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • imageMandJS:

I would just be blunt. 

You're invited to celebrate Baby X! But the mom to be is picky and smarter than you are, so... just bring cash or gift cards. DON"T COME WITHOUT ONE!  If you bring an actual gift, you will be required to return it and provide mom to be with the credit. Can't wait to celebrate with you!

Why would you say she's smarter than anyone? She doesn't feel that way... nor do I...

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • imageDarbie914:
    This is a dare from another board.  Good one, though :)
    Yup.  Sept moms board.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• imageKellersPrag:
    imagestw_77:

She's not coming from out of town. Her parents are already buying her everything for the newborn stage, and she wants to be able to hold on to the cards for later so that she can take care of what the baby will need later.

Ha Ha I have to hand it to you. That was a good one. High five for your dare.  You got me.  MY BS detector must be off. 

• LMAO...this is funny, I didnt even read the PP either this is a joke or these ladies will just rip you a new whoo whoo hahaha
  • imagestw_77:
    imageKellersPrag:
    imagestw_77:

Ha Ha I have to hand it to you. That was a good one. High five for your dare.  You got me.  MY BS detector must be off. 

I tried! :)

"Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • I wish this had been real...I'm with MandJS...so bored!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The ladies on here are pretty smart when it comes to BS.  Good try though.

• Even though this has so much mud it might as well be my backyard, I'm going to play anyways.

I think you're dumb,

I don't want trash,

but I want you

to bring me cash.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • I think you should add that a pack of diapers is required. You know, like an entrance fee. Be sure to be brand specific, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"