December 2012 Moms
Options

diaper question

My daughter has started STTN the past few nights, which is great, but a new problem has arrisen. Currently, she wears newborn diapers and clothes (She was 8.1 at birth and 8.5 the last time she was on a scale, about 3 weeks ago). We change her diaper right before we swaddle her for bed, but 2 of the past 3 mornings, we find she has exceeded the diaper's capacity and her bed, swaddle, and jammies are wet. I hate to come wake her up in the middle of the night to change her diaper (she doesn't like having her diaper changed), but I also don't want to have to wash her sheets every day. Any suggestions on what we can do to stop the night time leaking or do I just need to start changing her in the middle of the night?

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

Re: diaper question

• Options
    Try the next size up, even if it's only for night time. First sign of a small diaper is leaking and your LO may just need the extra absorbency from the bigger diaper. GL!
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with pp. And size one starts at 8 lbs . So they'd fit. On the large size
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If the size 1 diaper is too big, you can also try a diaper doubler. They are usually used with cloth diapers but I see no reason why they wouldn't work with disposables too.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! We'll try a size 1 tonight and see if that helps. Has anyone found one brand to be more absorbent than another? We have diapers of just about every brand that were given as gifts and I haven't found one that works better for us than another yet.

• Options
    Our LO is about the same size - getting close to 9 pounds. We just went up to size 1s for this reason, and they are much more absorbent. 
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekerbear135:
    Thanks ladies! We'll try a size 1 tonight and see if that helps. Has anyone found one brand to be more absorbent than another? We have diapers of just about every brand that were given as gifts and I haven't found one that works better for us than another yet.

We haven't tried other brands, but we like Pampers Swaddlers. They seem to hold a lot of fluid, and I like the stripe that turns blue when she's wet. We haven't had any morning leaks yet. Fwiw our LO was born at 9 lbs and has been in 1s since birth.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Tried a Size 1 and it worked! Thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"