November 2012 Moms

**Brides Checkin**

Hellooooooooo, ladies! Since the general feel is that Mom Brides have trouble relating to the typical Knottie, let's make a mini TK right here.  That way, we can talk weddings with other brides who understand that maybe there are more important things in life than "Does seafoam go with peach?  My mom says no.  WHY IS SHE SO MEAN?"

(And as promised, this will stay here for all you lurky loos!)

Since this is the first week, just a few questions:

1. Intro yo' self!  Intro yo' fiance! Intro yo' kid!

2. Intro any wedding plans you have so far.  Set a date? How many guests?  Look/feel/theme?  Anything wedding related, really.

3. How did you meet your FI?  How long have you been together?

4. What would you like to see on future checkins?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **Brides Checkin**

• MandJS, who's going to be the first lurker that got butthurt over my correction of word usage to come out and say, "HA!"?

• 1. Intro yo' self!  Intro yo' fiance! Intro yo' kid!

No need for intros here :) Y'all know me haha. My FI's name is Dan and we have a 22m old DS named Quinton(duh) and the newest addition is Theodore(Teddy) 

2. Intro any wedding plans you have so far.  Set a date? We are looking at Nov. 9th(our dating anniversary is the 10th of Nov, so we like to keep it around the same time :) Plus, November in Massachusetts is really pretty.

How many guests? We are going close friends and family, which is still turning out to be 100-150 people

Look/feel/theme? Not sure yet, but we may just go with fall colors(dark reds, oranges, etc).

3. How did you meet your FI? We were actually setup by a mutual friend(his BFF and my co-worker) and we haven't been apart since.

How long have you been together? Just over 4 years. We got engaged on March 6th of 2011(at my DS1 baby shower, in front of both sides of the family. There wasn't a dry eye in the house :) )

4. What would you like to see on future checkins? Dress Ideas, venue/theme ideas maybe. 

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. Intro yo' self! Intro yo' fiance! Intro yo' kid!
    I'm Shauna! Born and raised, mostly, in Wichita, KS but currently in Tucson, AZ. I'm 19 and an aspiring teacher or photographer or journalist, hopefully. My FI is Kenny, 22, and a chef. Our son Sean is an adorable little ginger and pretty close to 3 months old.

2. Intro any wedding plans you have so far. Set a date? How many guests? Look/feel/theme? Anything wedding related, really.
    We're talking about Sept. 23rd, but no official date yet... Pretty small, outside at my best friend's mom's house with his best friend's dad officiating. Sunflowers for sure! Hopefully I'll wear my mom's wedding dress if I can get that tiny.

3. How did you meet your FI? How long have you been together?
    We met through a mutual friend the month after I moved to Tucson, Sept. 23, 2011.

4. What would you like to see on future checkins?
    Dress and decor ideas

• Since this is the first week, just a few questions:

so I'm Jenna I am 26 and my FI is Adolfo he's 27 our baby is Charley and she is so amazing here is a picture of daddy and baby girl 

2. Intro any wedding plans you have so far.  Set a date? How many guests?  Look/feel/theme?  Anything wedding related, really.

we have set a date it will be August 3rd this year we are doing a small wedding which is what I have always wanted anyway and now just makes more sense because LO is our priority. It is going to be in Sandpoint, ID on the lake a rustic country wedding and we will have about 35-45 people all that has been officially decided is there will be cowboy boots being worn and sunflowers in mason jars 

we met at work, very original I know but we haven't worked together in 3 years and we have been together for a 3 1/2 years 

4. What would you like to see on future checkins?

maybe a theme of the week, like venue, flowers, dress and then PIP or how much we have accomplished

• 1. Intro yo' self!  Intro yo' fiance! Intro yo' kid!

Me: I'm Katey, 25, and run a regional sales office for a hospitality company and own my own very small catering business.  Before I had LO, I was also a showing agent part time for a real estate agency.  Because free time is for chumps.  This will be my first marriage, but not my first time planning a wedding.  In addition to all of the weddings I worked on in event sales, I kicked a cheating jerk to the curb a month before the wedding.  That was fun.

FI: is A, also 25, and a Navy veteran/reservist, full time student, and manager at a large not-for-profit.  Because he hates free time, too. 

LO: is Shawn, born on 11/17, occupation: baby, and a little mini-me.  In fact, he's already judging you:
    Just kidding :-)

So far, we just know that we're getting married on a cruise, and it's leaving from Fort Lauderdale June 28, 2014.  I figure I have some time to figure out the rest.  Oh, and I've started to look at dresses.

We actually met at a liquor store.  I ran in to grab some wine, and saw him across the store.  I was all

But I didn't approach him because I hadn't gotten out my pj's or showered or eaten anything but cheese balls in like two days.  I was just about to call

when I noticed he was actually there with a good friend of mine.  I talked to them for a bit, and he mentioned I should come to our mutual friend's house for a party that night (it was NYE).  I had plans with my then-sorta-boyfriend, but I blew them off.  Now, before you guys get all

it was no longer all that serious.  I had been telling the guy for six months to shitt or get off the pot, and he was pretty backed up.  I was over it.  Besides, he WAS there with my good friend.  My female good friend.

Later on, I asked her if there was anything going on between the two of them, and she said no.  Then she was all

"Ooooooh, you LIKE him!"  And I was all

Well, very long story short, we really hit it off, had a great night, and then

AAAAANNNNNNDDDD, a month and a half later I got pregnant.

We've been together a little over a year, and got engaged on Christmas Eve.  I guess it kind of reads like a real-life Knocked Up, but he's the One and I couldn't be happier.  Plus hello, we make cute kids!

• yayyy! thank you!

I'm an American and he's a Brasilian.. we met in college. We have a 8 week old daughter as of today who was born in Brasil, which is where we're currently living. 

2. Intro any wedding plans you have so far.  Set a date? How many guests?  Look/feel/theme?  Anything wedding related, really.We were thinking September... no real plans, but may get married at the beach he proposed at.  It is really hard to plan a wedding in the US from Brasil. I don't want a big wedding- just family and close friends. We are still flirting with the idea of a destination wedding.  3. How did you meet your FI?  How long have you been together?We met in college and have been together for 3 years.. engaged since last July4. What would you like to see on future checkins? how others plan on involving their LOs in the ceremony
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"