Pregnant after 35
Options

Insomnia

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I never had this problem with either of the other pregnancies. I think it part it has a lot to do with my age. I have been having such a big problem sleeping at night I have though it could have something to do with what I am do during the day. I have cut out my afternoon naps (maybe 15-30 min nap to replenish my energy), I have my coffee in the morning, I don't drink soda, I don't have sugary sweets in the evening (this includes fruit), and I get moving during the day with the chores that need to be done during the day. I am going to the doctor tomorrow (routine appt) and I am going to ask what I can take for a decent night sleep. I would take suggestions on what to ask about doing or taking. Right about now I would do almost anything to get a good 8 hours of sleep!!!

Also, I have tried to sleep with pillows around me. I do get all comfy with the pillow only to wake about an hour later because I am uncomfortable and can't move or a body part has fallen asleep. 

Thank You for any help/advice Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Insomnia

• Options
    I feel your pain.  It has been weeks since I slept through the night.  Unisom is safe during pregnancy so I will take that if I get really desperate.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel.  I was sleeping at my usual "bedtime" and would be up by 3am and barely able to get through the day.  I started sleeping around 1am to get a 5 hour chunk and do my best to survive on that.  Good luck, sleep deprivation is hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you exercising? I know it sounds ironic, but I find I sleep much better on days where I have been quite active. I walk my dogs every single morning, but on days where we are out longer and/or I also go to agility class or prenatal yoga, I sleep better. Strangely, working out may give you more daytime energy AND help you sleep better at night.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options

Thank You ladies for your reply's!!! My doctor did recommend for me to exercise. I will be trying to exercise!! The doc also said Unisom was ok, but not on a daily basis. I will be trying the exercise before going to Unisom. I am looking forward to a good night sleep in the near future.

Thank You again ladies Wink

• Options
    I go for 2 mile walks with my dogs neearly every day, I do not drink coffee or soda.  I don't drink much water after 6 pm.  I still cannot sleep through the night.  I find myslef flat on my back, covered with sweat, eyes wide open at 2 or 3 almost every morning, and I cannot just roll over to my side and go back to sleep.  You'd think getting up before 5 to go to work every day would be tiring in and of itself, but not for me, apparently.
    Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"