LGBT Parenting

TTC check in

Hi ladies, it's Monday! How is TTC going?

QOTD: What was the first baby item you bought?
M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
TTC with RE since March 2012
3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
(2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
EDD 11/28/13

Re: TTC check in

• I'm still in my tww, waiting for my beta tomorrow!

QOTD: I posted this question because I think we have all broken down and bought baby things just because we are TTC or thinking about TTC. For me it was an antique glass baby bottle that we saw in an antique shop. The idea was never to use it but I put it up on the shelf as it is very pretty and gives me hope that we will have a baby someday. Since then, I have bought a handful of cute onesies. For Christmas last year my wife gave me some baby socks, and that is how she let me know she was ready for us to start trying, which we did in March.
    EDD 11/28/13
  • My wife and I are still in the planning phase. Had my first appointment and was told to go on birth control due to PCOS. Still not sure if that's going to happen. I have the prescription, but I am terrified that this will make things harder in a few months when we start. Any advice would be helpful. 

First baby items were not bought for US, but we have recently purchased lots of cute Old Navy clothes for the THREE babies coming this year from our families! 2 (a boy and girl) due in May and one (sex unknown) in July.  

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! I just replied to your birth control post with some suggestions.
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Hello ladies, looks like I will be joining you now. We m/c last Wednesday and are already starting to plan ttc again ASAP.

The midwife cleared us to ttc whenever we are ready, even before my wife's first period so we are going to track temps and opks to see if she ovulates... Although this is hard because we are using frozen donor sperm so I'm not sure when to have it
    shipped.

Our first baby purchase was a 3/6 month hoodie with Newton's first law of motion on it. We found it at Nordstrom and paid WAY more money on it than we normally would have but we love nerdy baby stuff and couldn't pass it up! We bought it even before actively ttc. Hope you all are having a good day :
    My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• Well I ovulated thrusday but, I will start first cycle of iui in Feb. I brought pregnancy books. I don't want to buy anything because my baby's nursery will be done before the pregnancy test says its positive!!
  • Things are going okay...I am going CRAZY during this 2WW...I shouldn't test until next sunday so I'm just tryig to keep myself busy. C is being awesome helping me and humoring me when I jump at every little symptom (real or made up in my head).

We have purchased several different things including clothing, and a crib. Between the two of us C and I have the self control of a 5 year old...

Have a great monday everyone!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• QOTD:  I think we bought a baby blanket first, though I'm not sure...  we bought a ridiculous stuffed toy, a blanket, and two onesies in the beginning when we decided to actually "start" this process...   Since then, we have bought more stuff - mostly at Thrift Stores or other things we find that are good deals....   

Where we're at:  We got a BFN this morning via the EPT.  And another one earlier in the weekend.  I don't "feel" anything to make me believe we might get a surprise pos with our bw tomorrow morning, so we're processing our BFN.

It sucks.  

We are going to take a month off from TTC in the next cycle.  I really feel like I, and probably we, need time to process because the dx of DOR for me came so fast, plus all the rest - that we haven't had time to really figure it all out yet, and honestly -- we spent most of November/December crying over the various pieces of news we got from the RE that it's been a bit hellish.

I only produced one folly with Femara, and our RE is advising injectables, so we need to research that and meet with her to discuss costs, and the chance of multiples (which we'd really like to avoid!).    We also need to figure out where to go if the next two cycles for me don't work, and how to proceed with that in terms of my own processing/grieving that and moving on to H's eggs & body...

Bah.   So this week I'm going to drink wine and take hot baths.   I am also rescheduling the pap I was supposed to have last week but cancelled because of the 2ww.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Manada! I'm sorry about your BFN. :-(
    EDD 11/28/13
  • I hope everyone had a good weekend.  We are still TTC and tested today and got a BFN :-(  I know there can be false negatives, but I don't think that this month took.  We are doing the OPK and never got a positive but did the insemination anyway because we are doing it at home with fresh sperm.  I thought that I would be more upset about getting a negative, but I think its because I tried not to get too excited to begin with.  I think we are going to try one more month at home and then meet with a RE and check out our other options.
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Hello everyone.  We are heading into our second IUI this week.  We certainly aren't excited like we were with the first IUI, but we finally feel ready.  Which is good since it seems to come up so quickly again.  We have our ultrasound on Wed with IUI Thurs or Fri depending on my ovulation status.  I think it will be easier this time now that we know what to expect.  

I am thinking positively for all of you in the TWW and getting ready to test.  I wish I had some great advice for all of you.  But honestly, I am dreading heading back into another TWW, they kinda suck.  

QOTD: L actually broke down first and bought our first baby clothing which was a STL Cardinals hat.  I have been buying diapers, in all sizes, for awhile now.... but that is due to my obssesion with coupons and some really good deals.  :)

Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • I've been pretty MIA over here because I feel like such a bummer.

BFN #7 this morning, confirmed via AF.  We need to move forward with sperm banking, so I need to get on that.  C is clearly very frustrated/disappointed that her body isn't "working". 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • imagehlke:

I've been pretty MIA over here because I feel like such a bummer.

BFN #7 this morning, confirmed via AF.  We need to move forward with sperm banking, so I need to get on that.  C is clearly very frustrated/disappointed that her body isn't "working". 

I'm so sorry to hear that hlke.   I was wondering how you guys were doing recently.

Are you guys doing one insemination/month or two?   You're using a kd right?  

Good luck with whichever way you guys decide to proceed.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Bummer TTC check in day. I'm sending hugs to you all!

I broke down and tested with an opk since I read on the bump that this could be done, and I have a million at home thanks to tdmklm. So my plan of not having any HPTs at home didn't work! It was negative so I decided I had to test with a real HPT just to be sure and went out and bought some and got a BFN.

I know I will have to do beta tomorrow anyway for RE, but I'm 13dpiui so that is a pretty certain BFN. It will help my sanity to get beta as my period will definitely be late due to the drugs.

Next stop, injectables....

EDD 11/28/13
  • This really is a bummer TTC day! :(

I'm sorry to hear of the BFNs all around and the miscarriage. This is really frustrating. I hope that those still in their TWW have better luck.

Manada gave our update so I don't have much to add. I'm feeling sad for her as I know that given her DOR, two BFNs feels more like "it's never going to happen" than it might without a DOR (or other infertility) diagnosis. I wish that we could push "pause" on the maturation of M's reproductive system/eggs/ovaries and then come back to it in a few years when we hopefully have more money and it is a better time for M to be trying to get pregnant. Then I could offer my body to start trying now (since we think based on my numbers that I will have less trouble getting pregnant than M and because I'm doing my PhD which means me taking time off from work is less scary financially for us). But turns out I can't just wave a magic wand and make that happen (and if I did have a magic wand, I'd give everyone BFPs!). 

As M mentioned, we're currently planning to take February off from TTC. We plan to have one or more MOMs (Meeting of the Minds) to discuss our options, our fears, our hopes, and our plans. Injectables? Clomid? Then what?

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imageAmandaG47:
    Hello ladies, looks like I will be joining you now. We m/c last Wednesday and are already starting to plan ttc again:

I somehow missed this. I'm so sorry Amanda. It is so difficult when you put so much effort in and then it ends. I thought I would be fine but as I approach my previous due date in March it is getting harder. I spent some time on TTC after a loss because I really needed to grieve. My heart goes out to you and your partner!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • imagemollykelley:
    Bummer TTC check in day. I'm sending hugs to you all!

I broke down and tested with an opk since I read on the bump that this could be done, and I have a million at home thanks to tdmklm. So my plan of not having any HPTs at home didn't work!

Hey! I saw your post...what have you heard about OPKs in relation to HPTs??? I've been trying to find more info!!! Keep us posted on your progress. Thanks!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

• imageAmandaG47:
    Hello ladies, looks like I will be joining you now. We m/c last Wednesday and are already starting to plan ttc again ASAP.

Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage.  Thoughts and prayers with you and your wife. 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.

• QOTD: C bought the supplies to make a robot themed baby blanket.  It's still in the process of being made though.  At some point I think she gave up because she decided it was bad luck.  We also bought a pack of onesies, but that's it.

• imageManada:
    imagehlke:

I've been pretty MIA over here because I feel like such a bummer.

I'm so sorry to hear that hlke.   I was wondering how you guys were doing recently.

Are you guys doing one insemination/month or two?   You're using a kd right?  

Good luck with whichever way you guys decide to proceed.

We're using a KD and have been doing 3 inseminations per cycle, because well, we can.  This past round was our last with fresh sperm.  We'll try again in March with frozen banked sperm and IUI. 

• We are getting ready to begin out first cycle for baby #2.  It took us 7 IUIs and a change in doctors before we got pregnant the first time.  I'm hoping it will be smoother sailing this go around!
    It took 7 IUIs but it was totally worth it!
    12/14/10~~~2:05 pm~~~10lbs 9oz~~~22 in

Only 2 tries this time!
    11/4/13~~~9:22 am~~~7lbs 2oz~~~19 1/4 in

• Wow.  What a week of bad news all around.....  I'm so sorry for everyone (else) who got a BFN on this cycle....

We just had our Negative confirmed by our clinic by bloods.   It's official.

*I hate that point where you know the BFN is coming but you still hope you're wrong and all those pee sticks were defective.....    and then it gets confirmed.   Boo.

• Just want to say sorry for all the BFN's recently and thank you for the support. Although though this is hard for everyone who is disappointed at the moment, I'm so glad to have found such a great group of people, thanks again
    My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• imageAmandaG47:
    Hello ladies, looks like I will be joining you now. We m/c last Wednesday and are already starting to plan ttc again ASAP. The midwife cleared us to ttc whenever we are ready, even before my wife's first period so we are going to track temps and opks to see if she ovulates... Although this is hard because we are using frozen donor sperm so I'm not sure when to have it shipped. Our first baby purchase was a 3/6 month hoodie with Newton's first law of motion on it. We found it at Nordstrom and paid WAY more money on it than we normally would have but we love nerdy baby stuff and couldn't pass it up! We bought it even before actively ttc. Hope you all are having a good day :

This is awful. I am so sorry for your loss.  

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • imageManada:

Wow.  What a week of bad news all around.....  I'm so sorry for everyone (else) who got a BFN on this cycle....

We just had our Negative confirmed by our clinic by bloods.   It's official.

*I hate that point where you know the BFN is coming but you still hope you're wrong and all those pee sticks were defective.....    and then it gets confirmed.   Boo.

I am so sorry for you guys. Keep your head up! It will happen!

C began IUI's

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"