St. Louis Babies
Options

Getting out of the house...

I moved to St. Louis from Alabama back in the summer and this cold weather is getting to me. It is really starting to affect my mood and my 3 year old is going stir crazy.  Can anyone recommend some fun places we can go to get out of the house?

Re: Getting out of the house...

• Options
    Magic House, Science Center (free), Art Museum (free), HIstory Museum (not particularly exciting IMO but free), Arch and museum under it; there is a new place called MySeum that I haven't been to yet; zoo (when it's nicer); Mall play areas....
  • Options

Monkey Joes, Gymboree. 

Check with your local school district, a lot of them have "open" play times and mommy and me type classes at their early childhood center.  Also, you could get involved with Parents As Teachers through your local school district, which wouldn't get you out of the house right away, but would get somebody in your house that knows A TON about what's available in your area for your child.

Maybe the YMCA?  Library for story time?  Kargaroo Kids (Kirkwood area) and Cotton Babies (two locations) are local stores that offer mommy support and might have some good ideas/groups for you.

I know the winters here can be dreary, but if you bundle up, the zoo is still open everyday and the animals are a lot more active in the winter.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great ideas so far. Some others are the miniature railroad in Glencoe (https://www.wfprr.com/default.htm), Transportation Museum, Happy Joe's, Mills Mall has a lot more than your usual mall, the Butterfly House
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"