March 2012 Moms

Holey Moley Language Explosion!

Geez, I can't believe how much DD is saying lately! Up until a couple weeks ago, all she said was, "Dada" and I wasn't even sure it was in the right context. Now she says: Dada, Mama, more, dog, cat, up, and BEST of all (as of yesterday).... when I say, "What does the dog say?" she responds with, "Rauw! Rauw! Rauw!" It's adorable! 

What's your LO saying these days? Or signing?? I'm still signing with her, but am yet to get a sign back, although I know she understands.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Holey Moley Language Explosion!

• He has been saying Dada, Mama, Ba, and Hey (it's how he says Hi) for a while now. He also signs Love, Eat, and More consistently.

He did suprise me the other day. It went like this:

LO: Da?

DH: Over here

LO: K

He's getting to big to fast!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Too funny!  So far we have Dada, Mama, and oddly enough "I did it" when she pulls up on something or takes a few steps unaided.
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I still can't tell if he is saying "mama" and "dada" directly to us, or just practicing his sounds. Sometimes I think he says "mama" to me, but I am not sure, neither is DH. We both kind of agreed that his first word is probably "wow" he points up to the lights and fans and goes "wow" in a whisper..it's so cute, and when we ask him where are the lights he points up and says "wow."

But he definitely has his own baby language going on and babbles all day long..we act like we understand him and engage him in conversation by saying "oh, really" "what else happened" and he continues to babble away. it's super cute. he babbles with a lot of hand movements and facial expressions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • He says dada for DH but also lots of other things, mama for me but only occasionally, dede for Dolce our dog, and I think he says ah da for all done after I say it. He signs more, which we taught him, and milk, which I think he learned from watching the other kids at DC ask for their bottles. We're going with it and give him his sippy when he does it.
    He understands a lot of what we say, and he's been good at stopping what he's doing when we say no.
    It's so fun realizing he understands us and is communicating with us!
  • That is amazing! Our son is definitely not that far along yet. We only have Dada and I don't think he knows who exactly it is when he says the word. I work full time but I am just curious are you home with her during that day? I am starting to wonder if really that does make the huge difference.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• imagemcgeeva:
    That is amazing! Our son is definitely not that far along yet. We only have Dada and I don't think he knows who exactly it is when he says the word. I work full time but I am just curious are you home with her during that day? I am starting to wonder if really that does make the huge difference.

DS is in DC 3 days a week and I notice he is more talkative after being around the other kids.
  • imagerocknrollfriend:
    imagemcgeeva:
    That is amazing! Our son is definitely not that far along yet. We only have Dada and I don't think he knows who exactly it is when he says the word. I work full time but I am just curious are you home with her during that day? I am starting to wonder if really that does make the huge difference.
    DS is in DC 3 days a week and I notice he is more talkative after being around the other kids.

same here. DS is in DC 5 days a week, and I feel like he babbles a lot, and trying to have conversations with us too. He definitely picked up other stuff from kids too..yesterday he learned pointing to his belly. so cute

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"