Delaware Babies

Starting Solids?

When you started your LO on solids, what did you start with, and how long did you wait to introduce a new food? I cannot remember what I did with L and I lost the paper the doctor office gave me. Also, when did you introduce a sippy with water?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Starting Solids?

• We started solids really early- L was a hungry hungry hippo. I'm thinking around 4 months. By about 6 months she was really eating solids- like chicken and such. We did a sippy with water pretty early on, too...probably around 4 months?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did it around 4 months as well. Her first food was avocado, then sweet potato and then peas. I waited 3-4 days between foods since that's what our pedi recommended to see if they have a reaction or an allergy. I waited on fruit because our pedi said if they like the sweetness of fruit they may reject veggies since they arent as tasty. 

We explored more around 6 months but didnt do meats until around 9 months. We still dont do nuts, honey or shellfish. We were told to wait till 2 for those.  

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!! It's been a few years, I could not remember!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started late compared to most...we started giving H big chunks of avocado, steamed sweet potato, steamed carrots at around 9 months.  We didn't really do  baby food.  It's called Baby Led Weaning...pretty interesting and it was definitely a fun experience for both of us.  We started with the traditional rice cereal but we both got so frustrated and it was not an enjoyable experience so I did some research and for baby led weaning :)  He eats great now and LOVES all different foods...for us it really took the stress out of introducing solids. 

We did wait 3 days in between new foods  but I'm not sure I will do that again this time around.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"