March 2012 Moms

What spicey food is anyone trying?

now our little guy is finally past his gagfest on anything with lumps I want to try and put some variations into his diet. Anyone have any quick recipe ideas? We don't use a lot of unusual spices in our own diet anyway but we love chilis and curries  and stuff like that. 

I read you should wait in chili but that mild curries are ok.. anyone tried that yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What spicey food is anyone trying?

• hope everything is ok?

I'm looking to incorporate smething we can all eat  hopefully ..so spicey enough for us but not too spicey for munchkin.. someone mentioned toning down the baby portion with greek yoghurt and we both like chicken tikka masala so.. I was thinking about givng that a shot.
  • Well.. I made some chicken cooked in tikka paste with some pasta and then I mixed up the pasta with apple sauce, pea &  squash puree and a touch of mashed potato... he's been a bit solid this last week  so we're trying to up his veggies and drop the stuff I didn't realise made babies constipated.. like yoghurt and cooked carrots

mashed that all up  so it was still a bit lumpy and then shredded the chicken so he could pick that up and eat it while I fed him the veggie pasta mix.

He chomped it down like it was a gourmet dinner ..and pooped 10 minutes later.  Yay for tikka diapers :) lol   lets jst say he sure as hell aint constipated now  haha

• Loading the player...
  • Neither DH nor I are into spicy food so we haven't tried any on DD yet.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• DD loves spicey foods! Especially curries (like her mama, heh heh). I do a lot of quick and easy curries from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution... Oh, here's the recipe for one of my favorites from there:

https://thecooksnextdoor.com/2010/03/24/off-the-shelf-jamies-food-revolution/

I also make homemade spaghetti sauce, and add chili flakes the way DH and I like it. DD gobbles it up. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"