January 2012 Moms

Fifths Disease??!!

Came home from the doctor--LO has a rash called Fifth's Disease. He's not sleeping well....he screams for hours and will only sleep in bed with me. During the day he is okay, but at night is the worst? 

Any mamas with advice I would really appreciate it!! Thanks :))  

Re: Fifths Disease??!!

• Aww poor baby :(

Definitely give him something like tylenol, advil, motrin etc before bed time.

This should help calm him down and also reduce the fever if he's running it.

It sucks, but it's very common in kids I guess...

Hope your LO feels better real soon!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • best thing you can do is give advil, motrion, or tyenol for pain and let it run its course.

me niece got it while I was pregnant with dd. I was told by my OBGYN that Fifth diease can cause a miscarrage if the mother has never had it before and comes inot contact with it.

• Loading the player...
  • imageElisha Shick:

best thing you can do is give advil, motrion, or tyenol for pain and let it run its course.

me niece got it while I was pregnant with dd. I was told by my OBGYN that Fifth diease can cause a miscarrage if the mother has never had it before and comes inot contact with it.

Oh you went through the same thing as I did! Did you do all the lab work, too? I was about 8 months along and even though some say it's only dangerous for women in first tri, that is not true. My OB said that because I never had it and am not a carrier both my baby and I were at risk and if the results would have come back positive they probably would have induced! Fifth disease is very common and not that bad for kids but very bad for pregnant women and their unborn babies...

OP, is your LO feeling better now? It can be quite painful for kiddos I know that :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"