Adoption

Advertising

Hi, I'm new to this part of site. My question is about how to start advertising for a BM. We have a very close friend who is an attorney and willing to do the legal side of an adoption for a great price. The only downside is she doesn't do the advertising. How are we supposed to go about getting the word out? The usual methods of classified ads and word of mouth work but is there more we can be doing? Thanks in advance. 

Re: Advertising

• There are sites where you can post your profile for free and several that you can pay to list your profile.  The Parent Profiles site generates a lot of traffic... there's also Adoptimist and America Adopts.

I also recommend setting up a page on Facebook. 

• Thank you, that was very helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also recommend parentprofiles.com.  We also went with an attorney who did not advertise for us.  Good luck!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would watch out thought while doing online stuff.  There is a lot of scams answering ads in terms of adoption.  That is why I went with an agency to do it all...I wanted to afford all the scams and the heartbreak it brings.
    7/18/12-1st RE appointment CD2 blood work taken. Told to move straight to IVF. Starting BC pills and FSH injections plus Lupron. Hopefully doing ET in September Off BCP March 2011 Started TTC July 2011 7 months TTC with no luck an then.... Diagnosed 2/24/12 with 2 Ovarian Cysts. 3/22/12-Lap to remove cysts, look for endo, and see if tubes are clear. 3/22/12-Diagnosed with Severe Endo(tubes are clear). 4/4/12-Post op OBGYN appointment. Told chances of conceiving naturally are very low, but told conceiving in the next few months is our best chance due to being cleaned out during Lap. Referred to a RE. RE said IVF is our only chance to get pregnant. Told only a 20% chance even with two put in. 9/5-Lupron 9/20 Stims(Menopur & Follistim) 9/30 Trigger time 10/2 ER 10/3 fert report-out of 7 eggs retrieved only 2 fertilized. Hello "Thing 1 and Thing 2!" Kinda sad there is none to freeze. Because only 2 we will have 2DT to get them back into a natural envionment 10/4 ET. Found out that only 1 divided. We love you "Thing 2." Thing 1 is now snuggled inside me and we are praying it will be our take home baby! **Did not even make it to my beta, the day before on 10/16/12 I got my F'in period** Such a stab in the heart. Nov 2012-Moving onto domestic newborn adoption! Can't wait for my take home baby. We will try IVF again after 1-2 years of a clear head. Need a break from infertility treatments/issues for my mental sanity! image
  • The scams are definitely a concern for us. We are still in the beginning stages. Just trying to gather as much information as possible to help us decide if adoption is the best choice for us. I'm sure I will have many more questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"