December 2010 Moms

Camera courses?

We just got a gorgeous new Canon Rebel T3i and it takes amazing pictures, but I know NOTHING about photography.  I looked into taking a class locally that included camera info and editing software, but nothing fit into my time frame.  Does anyone know of any decent online classes/tutorials that are free or reasonably priced??  I loooove photography and I really want to make it more of a hobby of mine.  Thanks ladies!

Re: Camera courses?

• The Two Peas in a Bucket course is a nice, easy, at your own pace series of lessons on the basics. It helped me get to know my T2i. :-)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Cool. Ill check that out!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageOhSewCrafty:
    The Two Peas in a Bucket course is a nice, easy, at your own pace series of lessons on the basics. It helped me get to know my T2i. :-)

My recommendation to start with. It helps you learn the lingo without making you feel stupid. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLovesMM:

imageOhSewCrafty:
    The Two Peas in a Bucket course is a nice, easy, at your own pace series of lessons on the basics. It helped me get to know my T2i. :-)

My recommendation to start with. It helps you learn the lingo without making you feel stupid. 

Yes, very this because its easy to feel stupid when learning camera stuff. lol 

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Thanks for asking about this! I've been thinking of picking this up as a hobby, too.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • I took the "oh shoot" and "portraiture" classes at JessicaSprague.com - I really loved them!

• Great question.

Do you feel you get as much out of an online class as you would a class you take in person? I got a new Nikon D5100 for Christmas and would love to take a class, just not sure if it should be online or an in person one.

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • imageTripMomma:
    Great question.Do you feel you get as much out of an online class as you would a class you take in person? I got a new Nikon D5100 for Christmas and would love to take a class, just not sure if it should be online or an in person one.

I'd rather take an in person one because that's how I work, but I can't find one that fits into my schedule. I looked into the Two Peas one but can't find anything on my phone so ill have to try later on my CPU.
  • Ditto (or tritto?) the Two Peas course. I'd still like to take an in person class someday, but the Two Peas had plenty of information to get me started.

If you have any friends or CWs who are into photography, picking their brains is also a good (free) resource. My boss is really into photography, and I've learned a lot just from chatting with him.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Can one of you post a link? I see their scrap booking stuff, but not a photography course.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • imageCheekers2010:
    Can one of you post a link? I see their scrap booking stuff, but not a photography course.

Here you go. Should be clicky:

https://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&forum_id=21&thread_id=3053442

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"