Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Brushing teeth is a daily fight!

My DD will be 11 months tomorrow. She has 8 teeth and a molar coming in. How can I get her to stop fighting me? We use the flavored infant toothpaste and a baby toothbrush. I had the thing you put on your finger, and that worked well, but she bites and it hurts!! Please help. I want to be able to brush her teeth without a battle
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Brushing teeth is a daily fight!

• Options
    I don't have any help for brushing but I just asked my pedi about it and she said don't worry about it till a year so maybe you can wait till then and she might not fight so much.
  • Options
    Our doctor said just using a wet rag to wipe out the mouth is fine for brushing teeth at this stage. I was under the impression they don't need toothpaste at this point.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelindslalala:
    Our doctor said just using a wet rag to wipe out the mouth is fine for brushing teeth at this stage. I was under the impression they don't need toothpaste at this point.

My doc told me the infant toothpaste was a waste of money. I didn't know that when I first bought it. He said it's really just there for taste. I tried to stop using it and she fought even more. A wet washcloth might work for us though. It's worth a shot anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"