Health & Exercise
Options

Rec your double jogger...

Looking to possibly  get a double jogging stroller with a car seat attachment option for one side...does such a thing exist that would be good for daily runs.?  Is it a lot harder to push?  Wanting to train for a half marathon after my second and got a lot of training in with my DD and my single BOB....TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Rec your double jogger...

• Options

There is a post a few down about a double Bob I think.  The only reply of someone who already has 2 kids said that the car seat attachment was not to be used to run with a baby before 6-8 months as is usually advised with joggers.

I have an in-step double jogger which is a good option for anyone wanting a jogger but not to spend the cash.  I got mine for around $200.  There is not an option to put a car seat in it.

Post I was referencing was one Titled "Does anyone feel the same?"
    This is waht was said about the car seat attachment:

You can use the car seat attachment, but walking only. Maybe it's different here, but the instructions and pedi both have said the same thing, minimum 8m+ (actually, mine says 12m). I just ran either early in the morning or after bed time.

In the double Bob post below, the only Mom who had 2 bought it after her youngest was out of the car seat so they never had the attachment.

• Options
    Hi!  I am the one who posted earlier with the same question.  I trained for a half with my single bob and put my first baby in it pretty soon- maybe two months?? in the carseat with the attachment- when I contacted bob there was no restriction if she was in the carseat.  I am a little anxious on how to get my runs in without a double with the attachment.  I loved the first bob so much I can't imagine buying a different brand, but my husband is not sold on the necessity yet (not a runner:)).  Not sure what I am going to do... Do you have any decision?  I am leaning towards waiting until after the baby is born.  I can always run with my two year old while the baby sleeps until  it seems a double is necessary.  I also realize I may be in a state of daze and running may seem as plausible as riding a unicorn :)  I am happy to know I am not alone out there!  stay in touch!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageArnegard:

There is a post a few down about a double Bob I think.  The only reply of someone who already has 2 kids said that the car seat attachment was not to be used to run with a baby before 6-8 months as is usually advised with joggers.

I have an in-step double jogger which is a good option for anyone wanting a jogger but not to spend the cash.  I got mine for around $200.  There is not an option to put a car seat in it.

Post I was referencing was one Titled "Does anyone feel the same?"
    This is waht was said about the car seat attachment:

You can use the car seat attachment, but walking only. Maybe it's different here, but the instructions and pedi both have said the same thing, minimum 8m+ (actually, mine says 12m). I just ran either early in the morning or after bed time.

In the double Bob post below, the only Mom who had 2 bought it after her youngest was out of the car seat so they never had the attachment.

Agree with the bolded. Ours says the same, having lo in the car seat won't make it any more stable for a young infant. I ran late in the evening or first thing. I have a double Chariot.
  • Options
    Thanks so the info, I did not realize it wasn't recommended for jogging.  I love my single and took my daughter out probably around 2 months with the blessing of our pedi...found a good deal on one but trying to decide if it will be too cumbersome for training, even later on.  My 21 mo old loves to ride in it so if I could just stick with that for now and see what I feel I will use.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagegracerunner21:
    found a good deal on one but trying to decide if it will be too cumbersome for training, even later on.  My 21 mo old loves to ride in it so if I could just stick with that for now and see what I feel I will use.  

I do run with my 5 yo & 2.5 yo (or did last fall).  Somedays it is the only way to get outside and I would SO much rather get out than to run on the treadmill when it is 70-80 degrees and beautiful outside.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"