Babies on the Brain
Options

Could your job be a tv show?

Every day we have the most random, crazy stuff happen. The stories I could tell would make some people laugh and some people cry depending on their sense of humor. We always talk about how it would totally be a  hit tv show if we only get releases from all of our clients. You seriously can't make some of this stuff up if you tried but yet the populations we work with are compromised so you would never be able to really have it on tv.

Anyone else have a job like that?  I adore my job even though it's a ton of super heavy work and even though I deal with death a LOT. It's not for everyone but the group I work with would make an awesome cast of characters haha.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Could your job be a tv show?

• Options
    I used to work at Davids Bridal... It wad kind of like Say Yes To The Dress but with more crying and pregnancy and teen brides.
  • Options

imagevictoria+james:
    I used to work at Davids Bridal... It wad kind of like Say Yes To The Dress but with more crying and pregnancy and teen brides.

That would be awesome to watch. LOL. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work with a 19 year old. She was pregnant (out on maternity leave) it feels like I was living in Teen Mom. We all dread her coming back from leave. 
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I work with middle schoolers, so every day is a new special day lol

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• Options

imageBoopADoopBetty:

+1 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Options
    Nope, a TV show of my job wouldn't make it past a pilot episode, lol.

I was thinking the same thing. I teach high school.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I teach 1st grade in an inner city school...so yeah, my job could totally be a tv show. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    No. You would be bored. Then you have the client confidentiality issue to deal with too.

I did have one guy who brought in a bag of trash with him. That was strange.
  • Options
    I teach preschool, every day is an adventure and would make a hysterical TV show.  There would be lots of poop and nose picking going on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagearagosta:
    Until last week I worked in residential treatment for behavioral health.  For sure it would make it on TV.  Way better than celebrity rehab. 

Yeah, I work along the lines of APS/Mental Health and responsible for a lot of people so it makes for some very, very interesting stories. Some are hysterical, some are morbid, some are downright sad, but you're always helping people and it's always mind-boggling seeing some of the things that people do/say.

• Options

My actual work is so uninteresting it would put anyone to sleep, but the people I work with say such random crap that I imagine a show a lot like the Office. 

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Options
    I know me and my BFF could have a show. We're flicking hilarious if I do say so myself.

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Options

imageMrs.Slick:
    I know me and my BFF could have a show. We're flicking hilarious if I do say so myself.

During second period I got a standing ovation from my students because in the most serious face and tone, I stopped teaching, turned to them and said, "Let's be serious for a minute guys. We all know I'm hilarous." I swear one of the students was crying he was laughing so hard.

We should co-teach.

• Options
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

imageMrs.Slick:

During second period I got a standing ovation from my students because in the most serious face and tone, I stopped teaching, turned to them and said, "Let's be serious for a minute guys. We all know I'm hilarous." I swear one of the students was crying he was laughing so hard.

We should co-teach.

Ignore this
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Options
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

imageMrs.Slick:

We should co-teach.

Best idea I've ever heard.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Options
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

imageMrs.Slick:

We should co-teach.

Ignore this

You can't tell me what to do

• Options
    imageBoopADoopBetty:
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

imageMrs.Slick:

We should co-teach.

Ignore this

You can't tell me what to do

Whatever, you'll have a curfew starting in March young lady.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Options

imageMrs.Slick:

Yea, until I suggest Whataburger or snocones. Then it'll be like OMG BOOP THAT'S THE BEST IDEA EVAH!!! Then BAM we'll be watching the sun rise.

• Options
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

imageMrs.Slick:

Yea, until I suggest Whataburger or snocones. Then it'll be like OMG BOOP THAT'S THE BEST IDEA EVAH!!! Then BAM we'll be watching the sun rise.

Touch.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Options
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

imageMrs.Slick:

Touch.

That was supposed to say touche.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
  • Options
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageMrs.Slick:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:

imageMrs.Slick:

Touch.
    That was supposed to say touche.

Liar

• Options
    Mine definitely could. I'm a psychiatric nurse. I have so many stories...you can't make this stuff up!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"