Natural Birth
Options

My Birth Story

Hi ladies! This board was so encouraging for me as I was planning my own birth last year. I've successfully been through my own now and am posting more, so I thought I'd officially introduce myself, so...I'm Mrs.BigTime - hello! 

I had a beautiful natural birth in December and wanted to share my story. It's long and I've already written it as a blog post, so I'm going to link that instead of writing it all out again.

I'll summarize here though, I saw a MW primarily but had to consult the perinatologists because I had GD. Per the PNP's suggestion, I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks. Six hours before needing to call the hospital to check in for our induction, I went into labor at home. I checked into the hospital around 8 am and at 7 cms, in transition. I received one dose of Fentanyl to help me relax between contractions, but otherwise I delivered my daughter naturally, while standing, at 12:22 pm.

I still get goosebumps and such a feeling of pride every time I think about that day! The entire experience was incredible and by far the most amazing thing I have ever done. I feel a bit cheesy to say this, but I have so much more respect for and pride in myself after my birth - freaking 'eh, I'm bad ass! ;)

If you've got some time (it's long!), I'd love for you to read my story here.

Anniversary g
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My Birth Story

• Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Congrats on your LO :)
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Options
    You did a great job and your MW sounds like she was fabulous!  I am so glad you went into labor on your own and were able to avoid being induced. I love you LOs name- it is beautiful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Such a beautiful story. Congrats!!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats! Beautiful story, made me cry. God is good! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I read the complete thing!! I loved your story and was really inspiring! I'm still deciding whether I want a natural birth or not, but stories like this help me incline for the first one :D

God is great and He gave you the opportunity to have your LO on your own. Thanks for sharing! I cried quite a bit, so beautiful! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"