April 2012 Moms

decrease in amt of liquids?

Has your LO decreased the amount of liquids they are taking in with their increase in solids?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: decrease in amt of liquids?

• Not consistently, but yes. In fact, I was just looking at a bottle DH left out that still had an ounce left in it and thought about the bottle that came home from daycare that had 2 ounces in it, and now I'm thinking about when I can start putting less in bottles.

I'm not pumping as much now, but LO regularly has a bottle left over from daycare or didn't finish all of his bottles. He also eats a lot less when we're home together, because I still feel full after he's done, or he stops after one side (he's always taken both sides).

He eats all table food, and has a breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack and dinner. 

Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yes, much. At our 9 mo appt LO weighed 15 lb 2 oz... the Dr wasn't happy and said to up the solids, but that the formula should stay the same (28 oz/ day - four 7oz bottles). Since we've increased the solids (oatmeal, bananas, pasta, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc), she's only been taking three 6oz bottles. We try to space the feedings out, and now I feel like she's eating all the time! 
  • Loading the player...
  • The boys were going through a growth spurt and now that they finished it they aren't finishing btl anymore, so I just cut back 2oz a day. They went from 7oz for morning and afternoon to 6.5oz and 8.5oz before bed to 7.5oz.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"