Maryland Babies
Options

Breast Pumps - Insurance

Since new insurance policies went into effect on January 1st, many medical insurance companies are covering the cost of breast pumps.  This sounds amazing but the breast pumps have to be purchased or rented directly from a Durable Medical Equipment provider and I'm having major trouble finding a place that actually carries them.  I got a few recommendations straight from my insurance company but several of them no longer carry breast pumps.  The hospital (Howard County) will not even rent them to patients unless the baby is in the NICU.  Any suggestions?  (If it helps, I have BCBS - Care First Blue Choice.)  TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Breast Pumps - Insurance

• Options
    I  also have Blue Cross Blue Shield, but it's the Federal Plan.  I was given a phone number for CVS Caremark but BCBS.  They asked for my member number and then shipped the pump along with 150 storage bags to my house in less than 2 weeks.  Not sure if this will work for your plan as well, but it's worth a try.  800-262-7890. 
  • Options
    GBMC rents breast pumps.  I is through the patient education department not the hospital itself. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have BCBS as well. My medela pump was just delivered this week. I called SunMed medical, they did all the legwork handled everything. Www.sunmedmedical.com
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the info!  This is helpful.  :o
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't checked Northern Pharmacy.  Do they typically have breast pumps?
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"