Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Dumb question: burping

Do y'all still burp your babies after feeding them.  I still burp DD.  sometimes she burps, sometimes she will do it later... Just curious when others stopped/will stop

Re: Dumb question: burping

• Gosh I stopped after like 3.5 or 4 months. I don't even remember. I was never a consistent burper anyway. DS burps totally fine on his own within a few minutes of eating, both BM and solids.

Sometimes MIL wants to try to burp him and I let her, but he really doesn't need help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i stopped at i think 5 months ish.. once she stopped really having any gas problems.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We stopped burping around 4.5-5 months when we noticed that he only spit up if we burped him.
  • we still do all the time... just not as often throughout the feeding. We are still dealing with reflux, and happy spitting though, but it seems to not be as bad if we makes sure he burps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Only after her bedtime bottle... here and there throughout the day, maybe. But she's good at burping herself now.
  • We stopped at 3 or 3 1/2 months.
  • I do because my LO spits up otherwise. He's always been a spitter. The only time I don't is if he falls asleep while eating.
  • I stopped around 4 months. DD doesn't spit up as much now and she can burp on her own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • We still burp him, especially after the bedtime bottle. He gets REALLY fussy otherwise.

• imagejoshandpanda:
    we still do all the time... just not as often throughout the feeding. We are still dealing with reflux, and happy spitting though, but it seems to not be as bad if we makes sure he burps.

This 

• imagejoshandpanda:
    we still do all the time... just not as often throughout the feeding. We are still dealing with reflux, and happy spitting though, but it seems to not be as bad if we makes sure he burps.

This is for us too....

And in all honestly, I thought you were supposed to keep burping, I never even thought about stopping....hmmm!  I'd be too afraid he would spit up more than he does already...

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"