Pregnant after 35

Sooooo glad I got the MaterniT21 test, now...

I only originally went because my mom was so adamant about it that she offered to pay for it. But now I'm glad I did. I met with my OB this morning and she told me that they noticed in my 20 week U/S that P?pite has only a 2 vessel umbilical cord. (So only one artery and one vein instead of two arteries and a vein). She said that it is associated with Downs Syndrome, but because we know P?pite doesn't have Downs because of the MaterniT21 test, she knows that it's just its own little quirk and she's not worried. I think I will have an u/s every month just to "watch and make sure" but she didn't set one up yet, so I'm thinking maybe we're in the clear completely.

Just really glad we already had Downs ruled out at 99% accuracy. Otherwise, I'd have to have an amnio to check it out.
*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
        -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
<br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

Re: Sooooo glad I got the MaterniT21 test, now...

• That is great.  I was wondering how your a/s went.  Its amazing the technology we have these days and just from a blood test.  I'm glad everything is going well :)
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Good news.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, that's great!  Glad you got the test done so you can have some peace of mind.  
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Great news you can rule out the cause. That should definitely help you breathe easier. 

One of the reasons I chose harmony vs. the nt scan this time was because of the greater accuracy. I had great nt scan results with my daughter, but  the fact that the accuracy was only 85-90% left a tiny bit of worry in my mind until she was born.

Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • That is good news! 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great news! I'm glad I had the MaterniT21 done too even though I ended up getting an amnio for another syndrome but MaterniT21 gave me peace of mind we weren't dealing with Downs too.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That is such great news!  One less thing to stress about!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That really is comforting. I am glad things are going so well. Is your nausea all gone now? Are you feeling good overall?
  • I'm glad to see you posting. I was a little concerned when you didn't post sooner about your a/s. It's so comforting that you already know your LO doesn't have Down's, so you won't stress too much about the two-vessel umbilical cord. As you said, it is probably just a quirk.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • I am also having the us to check for downs. My hubby has a nephew who is downs so I am so nervous. Glad all went well for u!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• imagehlmlvt:
    I am also having the us to check for downs. My hubby has a nephew who is downs so I am so nervous. Glad all went well for u!!!

I didn't have the U/S to check for Downs. Not at all. The U/S was for the normal 20 week "measure the baby, check the heart for defects, look at the umbilical cord, spinal cord, etc" anatomy scan. I had the MaterniT21 test because it's 99% accurate, whereas the U/S is not anywhere close to that.

FX that you get the answers you need. I am actually just thrilled to bits that P?pite has organs inside his/her body. That's all I care about at this point. Well, and that they work, of course!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• imagedanieleandwayne:

imagehlmlvt:
    I am also having the us to check for downs. My hubby has a nephew who is downs so I am so nervous. Glad all went well for u!!!

I didn't have the U/S to check for Downs. Not at all. The U/S was for the normal 20 week "measure the baby, check the heart for defects, look at the umbilical cord, spinal cord, etc" anatomy scan. I had the MaterniT21 test because it's 99% accurate, whereas the U/S is not anywhere close to that.

FX that you get the answers you need. I am actually just thrilled to bits that P?pite has organs inside his/her body. That's all I care about at this point. Well, and that they work, of course!

I am sorry I think that is what I am going to be getting done the MaterniT21 test, has to be done between 11-13 weeks.  I would like to have an idea before the baby is born.   

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Reading this post made me feel pretty relieved.  I got the test last Friday--we're on to the two week wait...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"