June 2012 Moms
Options

Fit Mama Friday

Alright, Mamas. It's that time again! How did you do this week on your fitness and healthy eating goals?

GTKY: What's your one absolute most favorite piece of workout clothing? Why do you love it? Did you splurge to get it, or did you get a bargain?

Re: Fit Mama Friday

• Options

I fell off the wagon a bit this week. DH and I are supposed to be working out 6 days a week, but I hit a roadblock on Tuesday and Wednesday: my negative attitude. I learned that I definitely need to exercise before DH gets home or it will not get accomplished. On the bright side, I started using MyFitnessPal on my phone, and I really like it.

GTKY: My favorite piece has to be my Adidas socks. I usually buy cheap Hanes socks, but I got these one day b/c I was trying on shoes and didn't have any socks with me. The just make my feet feel so good! The only thing I don't like about them is that my new sneakers tend to eat them if I don't pull them way up in the back. (I wish they still made socks with pom poms on them to prevent this!) I splurged on my first pack of them, but I scored another pack of them at Kohl's on a good sale last year.

• Options

I also fell off. We were all sick this week so comfort food and couches all week. I haven't lost or gained anything.

GTKY: I don't go to the gym. I am pretty active outdoors and I used to be a competitive figure skater so I ski and skate for exercise in the winter. All my lululemon stuff is my favourite workout stuff. Its cute and so comfy and it look nice enough to wear after exercise too.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I stayed on the week but had AF so not that active in the exercising department. I lost a pound so I'm happy about that with having AF.

I splurged on biking shorts when I was training for a triathlon before getting pregnant with DD. I got the expensive ones because I really wanted the cushioning feel on the bike. Needless to say it was a splurge but well worth it!

• Options

i lost 3.8 pounds this week... puts me at 13.2 pounds total! but still a long ways to go to pre-pregnancy weight since i gained sixty pounds!

my favorite piece of workout clothing... hmmmm. i never thought about this... back in the day, i use to love to wear a thin headband to keep my hair out of my face... does that count? :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagestanfordt04:

i lost 3.8 pounds this week... puts me at 13.2 pounds total! but still a long ways to go to pre-pregnancy weight since i gained sixty pounds!

my favorite piece of workout clothing... hmmmm. i never thought about this... back in the day, i use to love to wear a thin headband to keep my hair out of my face... does that count? :) 

Absolutely! My hair drives me bonkers these days, and I can't find a stretchy headband that will stay put. I wind up resorting to bobby pins and getting those adorable (snort) pin horns from where they stick up away from my head. 

• Options

imagejjt616:
    I stayed on the week but had AF so not that active in the exercising department. I lost a pound so I'm happy about that with having AF. I splurged on biking shorts when I was training for a triathlon before getting pregnant with DD. I got the expensive ones because I really wanted the cushioning feel on the bike. Needless to say it was a splurge but well worth it!

The shorts would have to have a whole cushion built into it for me. For some reason my behind and bike seats have never gotten along, and not for lack of my own natural cushioning. :(

• Options
    I'll chime in for the first time on this post. This was my 3rd week of Insanity and I'm happy to say that I've been lucky enough to do every workout since I started. DS's morning naps have been awesome lately and just long enough for me to workout and shower. I haven't changed my diet at all because frankly I'm too afraid to change anything while I'm still BFing. So even though I'm getting stronger and my core is finally getting somewhere, I'm still holding on to these last 3 of the 43 I gained while pregnant.

I splurge for good running shoes and socks because a: I'm a marathoner and b: I've had several foot surgeries so I can't afford not to get quality kicks.

I forgot...I made a healthy food choice this week by NOT buying my weekly huge bag of peanut MMs. So I've been MMfree for 3whole days! Baby steps.

Stupid phone deleted the 'and' sign.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"