Dads & Dads-to-be

Suggestions to help

I want to make the pregnancy best for my hubby, because he's going to be dealing with me and my family throughout the whole thing... 

Is there anything you Dad's wish the Mom's had done or would do?  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
imageimage

Re: Suggestions to help

• imagekatiebenes:

I want to make the pregnancy best for my hubby, because he's going to be dealing with me and my family throughout the whole thing... 

Is there anything you Dad's wish the Mom's had done or would do?  

Stop it!!!

I think you have this backwards....your husband should be tending to your needs, not the other way around. I mean, considering he had the in laws prior to you getting pregnant, what's the difference?

Your job is to be pregnant, his job is to support you in any way you need him to. It really is that simple:-)

• The above is true, but I think there are ways for you to help him help you.  Try to keep him engaged with what is happening.  Each week my wife reads me an update with what the baby had grown and could do now.  When I couldn't feel him move or she wasn't showing yet it was harder to feel connected.  We don't feel everything you do.

ETA: If he knows in advance what you are going through or will be going through it will be easier for him to help out.  Easier to adapt when you really need it.

• Loading the player...
  • That's very sweet of you to want to make this transition easier for him, but hopefully he is a grown-up and able to step up and get into gear. If you want to assist him, maybe a good Welcome to Fatherhood book would be nice. Let him know you want you want everyone to enjoy this journey, but there is no need to comfort him while you are growing a human being.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDavidStamps:
    That's very sweet of you to want to make this transition easier for him, but hopefully he is a grown-up and able to step up and get into gear. If you want to assist him, maybe a good Welcome to Fatherhood book would be nice. Let him know you want you want everyone to enjoy this journey, but there is no need to comfort him while you are growing a human being.

I can only imagine how my wife would have responded to me wanting her to step up and make her pregnancy more enjoyable and comfortable for me.  I would still be on my way to the moon. (Honeymooners reference!)

• BJs.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageLuckyDad:
    BJs.

Can I change my answer to this?

• imagePrime:

imageLuckyDad:
    BJs.

Yes

I seriously need a macro.

90% of the questions women ask here the answer is BJs.

Sadly, the other 10% is "you need a new husband".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • imageLuckyDad:
    imagePrime:

imageLuckyDad:
    BJs.

Yes

I seriously need a macro.

90% of the questions women ask here the answer is BJs.

Sadly, the other 10% is "you need a new husband".

I am glad that my wife already has a sound understanding on this topic.  She has a spidey sense that alerts her that it is time to get to work on that!!!

• Tell me what she needs food wise and comfort wise that way I can make her as comfortable as possible.  It is about team work and if you don't have the communication now it will be harder when the kid is born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• haha thanks everyone.

and the reason I wanted to help him isn't him asking (that might have ended in a very large bruise) its because he always takes care of me (letting me sleep in, doing the dishes etc) and I felt bad he didn't get to experience it quite like I do...

I like two of the suggestions and I will totally do them!  

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"