Attachment Parenting

bedsharing oops

DD is 8 months and we have been bedsharing since about 3 months. Last night i rolled over and didnt realize that she had wiggled closer to me and elbowed her right in the forehead, HARD! She was sound asleep and immediately woke up wailing. I. felt. so. awful. DH came into the room to see what happened (he was asleep on the couch) and told me to "please stop punching our baby in the face."  I gave her about 1,000 kisses and she went right back to sleep but i could have cried.

Re: bedsharing oops

• Things like that happen. I can't count the jumper of times I've accidentally bumped, elbowed, and now tripped because he's walking, DS. It makes me sad every time, but babies are squirmy and little and tremendously resilient!

You're a great mommy and she didn't even know what hit her...she is secure in your love, so try not to worry about it!
    imageimage
  • imageEmerald27:
    Things like that happen. I can't count the jumper of times I've accidentally bumped, elbowed, and now tripped because he's walking, DS. It makes me sad every time, but babies are squirmy and little and tremendously resilient! You're a great mommy and she didn't even know what hit her...she is secure in your love, so try not to worry about it!

Thank you! in my mind she's thinking "why is mommy hurting me?" but in reality i know she forgot it even happened : )

• Loading the player...
  • imagebeany02:

imageEmerald27:
    Things like that happen. I can't count the jumper of times I've accidentally bumped, elbowed, and now tripped because he's walking, DS. It makes me sad every time, but babies are squirmy and little and tremendously resilient! You're a great mommy and she didn't even know what hit her...she is secure in your love, so try not to worry about it!

Thank you! in my mind she's thinking "why is mommy hurting me?" but in reality i know she forgot it even happened : )

She was probably thinking, "what was that? Why am I awake? wahhh, I don't want to be awake!! Oh there's Mummy snuggling me. Oh good. That's nice. I love....snore..." 

Stuff happens, and I agree with pp it's terrible when they start toddling because it's so easy to just bump them and they completely wipe out. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Sad! I totally accidentally elbowed DS1 when he was a baby, so heartbreaking. And I dropped my smartphone on DS2 when he was weeks old and side-lying nursing. Sigh.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• imagenosoup4u:
    Sad! I totally accidentally elbowed DS1 when he was a baby, so heartbreaking. And I dropped my smartphone on DS2 when he was weeks old and side-lying nursing. Sigh.

yeh totally dropped my phone on DD the other night. I felt terrible but she didn't even stop nursing... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"