June 2012 Moms
Options

Spaghetti?

When is it safe to let LO's try spaghetti noodles (plain, no salt or sauce)? And how small do you cut them? We experimented tonight with tee-niny pieces, but it was not DS's cup of tea. It made me wonder if we're trying too early. (FWIW, he eats other things with texture. We're not exactly doing BLW, but we're also not doing many purees. Mostly everything so far has been mashed.)

Re: Spaghetti?

• Options
    We did regular ol' spaghetti, sauce, meatballs, everything a couple weeks ago. We didn't cut it up. DS loved it. But we do BLW.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've done it already. Sauce and all. I did cut them up but I wasn't really going for a specific size. They were small-ish but not tiny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekhill86:
    We did regular ol' spaghetti, sauce, meatballs, everything a couple weeks ago. We didn't cut it up. DS loved it. But we do BLW.

this...it should be big noodles not tiny ones...we do penne and just give them to dd whole 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We've done a few different pastas, regular and rice noodles.  She loved both.  I skipped the sauce b/c my other son had trouble with tomatoes (awful diaper rash) so I'm waiting on those for her.  She got ground beef and cooked veggies that I pulled out before I added the tomatoes though.  I like to use small tube pastas more than standard spaghetti noodles.

image   image

• Options
    we just gave DS spaghetti the other night. we cut it a little but he was fine with it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"