Pregnant after 35
Options

UTI?

I just had some lab work done and apparently I have a urinary tract infection. My OB prescribed an antibiotic. I'm afraid to take meds for fear of drugging my baby, even though I know it's supposed to be safe.

Anyone else had a UTI during pregnancy?
Me: 38, DH: 35
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: UTI?

• Options
    Thanks, glad there's at least one other person. I just feel gross, like I don't take care of myself or something.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Take the meds!  Being sick is not good for baby either!  A UTI will run your body down quickly (especially since you are pregnant) and you need to be strong and healthy for baby :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's just an antibiotic. It won't hurt the baby-- I'm assuming your OB knows which antibiotics are safe for the baby, so...

The alternative is to not take the antibiotics, hope your body can fight it off with its weakened immune system (weakened so that your body doesn't attack the fetus), and risk a kidney and/or bladder infection. That would be very bad...

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"