New Hampshire Babies

Blue Cross and Breast Pumps

Hi Ladies,

I live in NH and have been on the phone with Blue Cross twice today.  They emailed me a list of in network providers of durable medical equipment.  Of all the companies on the list only 1 provides a breast pump and it's a single electric.  Does anyone know of a local provider that has dual electric breast pumps that might be in the Blue Cross Network?  The customer service was worthless and frustrating today.  I don't want to have to pay for my own when they cover them, but I'm not sure I want to settle for a single pump either.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Re: Blue Cross and Breast Pumps

• What about the hospital where you're delivering?  I think most hospitals sell pumps.  I would think (but don't know for sure) that they could bill your insurance.

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ask your insurance carrier, or check out thier website, for information regarding the breast pump coverage (look in the COC or certificate of coverage) or ask for the additional information on the womens health care mandate and the coverage now provided through the mandate. My insurance company has a whole form that lists out the different things that are covered/reimbursed for a pregnancy such as breast pump (up to $75 I believe, and I have the option of buying my own somewhere and being reimbursed), newborn care classes, lamaze, lactation classes etc.

• Loading the player...
  • I've called the insurance company about this 3 times and tried getting answers online as well.  They say they cover them 100%, but I can only find one in-network provider, that has just the one single pump option.  If I don't purchase one trough an in-network provider, I won't get anything back from the Ins. Co, as the out-of-network deuctible is $500, and I haven't even seen a pump that costs that much.

And to the other poster, ufortunately my hospital is not an in-network DME supplier.

Thanks for both of your responses, though.

• I live in northern NH and needless to say there are no suppliers within a 50 mile radius who are in the blue cross network. So I called blue cross back and explained the situation and the confirmed I could use edgepark.com my blue cross coverage is for ME NH and VT.
    sorry for typos mobile bumping

photo 0828131617b_zps9ddbb9a9.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Because there is one supplier, that offers that one pump, I can't use an out of network provider and get a waiver for it.  But I might call them up and see what they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"