Two Under 2

I hate room sharing!!!

Why don't my children like to sleep as much as I do?! And I hate room sharing. I know my oldest (25months) isn't getting enough good sleep and my youngest (8.5 month) is always waking her up in the morning. And I'm trying to train her to sleep later than 6 am. Then dd1 is tired at 1030 and dd2 is exhausted by 8. It's totally screwing up their schedules! I'm surprised at what dd1 sleeps through but ugh! I know she has to be kinda waking up when she is screaming her head off. I wish we could add another room on but we can't right now. And my hubby works from home most of the time so we need the other room for his office. Not only that but his office is across the hall from the girls rooms. So if he is on the phone they can hear him. Sometimes I really wish he didn't work here. Two parents at home is not good! Ok. Thanks for the vent. I think dd2 might be drifting to sleep finally.  Maybe I can get 20 minutes of quiet today. Oh lord help me! I think I may very well go crazy!!!! Ha!

Re: I hate room sharing!!!

• Two words: Sound Machine.

Seriously, we have a very small space and this helps tremendously!  Hopefully you get some much needed "me time" today! 

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• I second the sound machine. We would be lost without ours! That sounds like a rough situation. I hope something gets worked out sound.  

• Loading the player...
  • Yep. We have a sound machine. We just got back from a trip and I didn't have it plugged in. I'm hoping it helps tonight. Also bringing baby into our room for nap time. Setting up the pack n play now! Ugh. I just think it sucks to have them sharing a room. And a small room at that! 
  • imageOliver715:
    Yep. We have a sound machine. We just got back from a trip and I didn't have it plugged in. I'm hoping it helps tonight. Also bringing baby into our room for nap time. Setting up the pack n play now! Ugh. I just think it sucks to have them sharing a room. And a small room at that! 

We did all these things... and when DD would start stirring in the am, we would take her out of the room and bring her in our bed or pnp in our room.  My older 2 shared until DD was 20 months and DS was almost 3.  We are going to have more room sharing when DD#2 is moving out of our room - just not sure who will share with who?  Both DS and DD want someone in their room with them - so I might put them back together again!

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My girls share a room but we didn't move them in together until DD2 was 15 months. Up until then, she slept in our room. We also use a sound machine which seems to help.

We've had some difficult moments since we moved them in together but it has gotten better with time. They finally seem to be getting used to each others noises and tend to sleep through the other one's wakings now.

Hang in there!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know this term is annoying to hear all the time but it will get better!  Could you bring baby's crib in your room for a while?  We didn't have the boys start sharing a room until the youngest was almost two.
    imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"