Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Selling baby clothes

I have a 2 1/2 year old girl and now I am pregnant with a boy.  I had about 14 bags of girl clothes that I was trying to sell at Once Upon a Child.  Most of the clothes were in really good shape and cute, but they are very picky and don't take clothes that I think are over a year old, they don't take worn clothes, and Garanimals (Wal Mart) or Gerber.  So I got 13 bags back.  I got $98.00 which was sweet.  My question is, has anyone sold clothes on Craigslist and have they had any luck?  I want to get rid of these clothes and everyone is telling me you hardly get anything from a garage sale with selling baby clothes.

Re: Selling baby clothes

• Options

I havent bought or sold on craigslist but if you dont mind going to the post office you'd probably get a good response from ebay.

I've bought alot of gently used items for my daughter on there. The only down side is uploading the photos, I think ebay may charge you depending on the amount of pictures you post but I'm not sure.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to say ebay, or donate. You can declare the fair market value of the donation as a tax deduction. You could also organize a used clothing sale in your city with other mothers. I live in a fairly large metropolitan area, so there are a ton of consignment shops, but different religious groups organize used kids clothes sale. You name your price per piece, and then the promoters get a % and you get your money. It lasts for a weekend, and lots of women show up to buy the clothes and there is no haggling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Are there other consignment stores in your area?  I take my stuff to Kid to Kid first then to another consignment shop that sells adult & kid clothes.  Kit to Kid is strict on what they take but the other shop isn't.  Between the two I get rid of most of DD's clothes.

I look on Craigslist for clothes. 

• Options

The money and less hassle of people picking through all your clothes is what I like that's why I choose Craigslist.    I did have some at my yard sale and you don't get as good of a response.

Sell them by size and even maybe by season with a price that you feel is good. 

Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Based on my experience as an ebay seller I wouldn't waste your time trying to sell there unless you have brand name stuff. (Baby Gap, Crew Cuts, Janie and Jack, ect... not Garanimals or Gerber.) 

I haven't tried CL but I'd try that, consignment or just donate it.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I sell my stuff at my moms group's resale.  I sell it pretty cheap, but I get something for it.  You can look at www.consignmentmommies.com for sales in your area.  Our group takes outside sellers, as in you don't have to be a member of the group to sell.  You do have to volunteer at the sale.
  • Options

I know a few moms who have used thredup.com - may be worth looking into.

Also around here there are tons of groups on FB that are basically online resales - all moms from the area and there is constantly new pictures of clothes going up and then pick-ups being arranged.  Maybe worth doing some looking around on FB to see if there are any groups in your area.

There are also consignment sales that are weekend only around here most of them are in March and April for spring/summer and then October/November for fall/winter.  The biggest hang up with those is that you have to tag everything with their tags, and then they take a % off, but then you don't have to deal with meeting up with people, trips to the post office, etc. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"