Minnesota Babies
Options

Local Babymoon suggestions??

My husband & I are hoping to head out of town for a weekend! We don't want to go too far, we live in Ham Lake. Thinking the longest we'd like to be in the car is 3.5 hours max!! Anyone have any great places north of Duluth, Brainerd area, Red Wing or anywhere just outside of the cities they've been too that they'd recommend going too? We'd love to travel out of state, but we need to save money so we are trying to stay local :- ) 

Thank you!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Local Babymoon suggestions??

• Options
    I just love Bluefin Bay. I think that's around 3.5 hours from you, not really sure. But it's got a great restaurant, great rooms with views of the lake, and a heated pool/hot tub (not that you can use the hot tub!). There's also little activities every night and lots of places to go on walks or sightsee.
    DX PCOS, Endometriosis 2009
    Eliot. Born 6/18/10
    Missed m/c discovered 1/6/12 at 8-9 weeks
    D&C 1/10/12
    My Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! I will look into it!! :-) It's fun to get referrals from people who've actually stayed at these places. I hate reading reviews!! A hot tub has sounded so nice lately, but unfortunately we can't use them ;-) Sounds like a great get away!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Grand Superior Lodge in Two Harbors is really lovely, gorgeous views if you have a balcony room, and really good food in their restaurant...plus nice places to check out in Two Harbors.

Really close to Gooseberry Falls.

• Options
    Awesome! I'll check that out too!! I was looking at the Norther Rail in Two Harbors also!!!! Thank you :-) 
  • Options
    **Northern Rail 
  • Options

We also liked Bluefin Bay!!  Just be aware that there is NOTHING around there in terms of grocery or "quick snack" type places so if you get a case of the munchies at night, bring that food with you.  There are grills available, so that's something to consider.

Another idea is Wisconsin Dells or Three Bears Lodge (Warrens)... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice to bring some goodies!! Good thing to know for sure :
  • Options

imageBabyBowers2013:

I should have said there is a small grocery across the street but the prices are beyond through the roof because there's nothing else around...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMesmrEwe:

imageBabyBowers2013:

I should have said there is a small grocery across the street but the prices are beyond through the roof because there's nothing else around...

So if we were desperate we'd have a place to shop ;-) We will have to bring some goodies with for sure!  

• Options

Thank you all for the suggestions! We ended up doing the Northern Rail in Two Harbors! It was a fabulous trip up north & just what we needed. We drove up 61 Saturday & saw a lot of beautiful scenery. Northern Rail wasn't too fancy, but we got a great deal on our room-$69 a night with the special they had going on & they had a continental breakfast. Better then your average continental breakfast too :-) We ventured to Split Rock & Gooseberry Falls! My husband had never been that far north on that side of MN so it was a lot of fun. 

Thanks again for the suggestions & hope you all have a great week!!!  

• Options
    imageMesmrEwe:

We also liked Bluefin Bay!!  Just be aware that there is NOTHING around there in terms of grocery or "quick snack" type places so if you get a case of the munchies at night, bring that food with you.  There are grills available, so that's something to consider.

Another idea is Wisconsin Dells or Three Bears Lodge (Warrens)... 

I wouldn't recommend the Dells pregnant.  We went for a wedding when I was 34wks with DS1.  I was miserable being in the car that long and not being able to water slides or was no fun.  

Duluth, in general, could be fun.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Larsmont Cottages on the North Shore is amazing! The food is amazing (I recommend the chef's table if it's available) The rooms are gorgeous and if you rent out the bottom floor, there is a kitchen as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"